About the role
- Full time
To provide effective and targeted out of home care placements and support for children referred to the program, as well as their families.
This position role will provide management and leadership to Case Managers working with children and young people in Foster Care and you will ensure that our Foster Carers receive high level support and guidance and that their views are heard within the program and in the planning for our clients.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate
- Commitment to VACCA’s vision and purpose.
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances of Aboriginal people
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal culture
- At least 3 years’ experience working in the Victorian OOHC sector and or the Child Protection Field
- Tertiary qualifications In Human Services or a related discipline
- Demonstrated experience in team leadership and management, ability to use initiative, thinking laterally and strategically during times of pressure
- Demonstrated ability in time management and organisational skills
- Experience and sound understanding of computer data bases such as CRIS and CRISSP, Microsoft office packages
- A sound knowledge and understanding of issues, policies, legislation and practices in relation to child and family welfare and in particular, children in out-of-home care.
- Experience in working within a variety of frameworks and models; trauma informed practice, critical reflective practice, cultural imbedded frameworks, best interests of the child, child centred practice, case management principles
About the organisation
VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organization that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Team Leader - Foster Care via Pro Bono Australia.