About the role
Reporting to the Regional Programs Manager for our specialist programs, this brand new, pivotal role will lead a national team of dedicated team members responsible for the support of Learning for Life students pursuing further education.
In this key team leadership role, you will:
- Lead and support the development of your team through ongoing coaching, mentoring and development
- Be adaptable and manage change as The Smith Family develops and scales up program support in the transition from study to work.
- Ensure programs and support are delivered in accordance with the agreed practice guidelines and overarching policy.
- Facilitate conversations between your team members to share best practice and to problem solve any challenges or issues
You will be a highly organised individual with a proven track record of building and developing teams. You will also have the ability to manage multiple priorities and to see projects through to completion whilst building strong working relationships with key stakeholders.
It takes a special person to be a Team leader with The Smith Family. Our successful candidate will bring the following:
- Demonstrated experience in developing and leading high performing teams
- Relevant tertiary qualifications within Social or Human Sciences, Education or similar
- Strong experience in the NFP and/or education sector
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven experience in developing, coaching and leading people
- Excellent organisational and administration skills
- Hold a current drivers licence
Living up to our employment promise, our team members tell us that working for The Smith Family, they have great job flexibility and the ability to work alongside committed, passionate and professional team members whilst engaging in challenging, fulfilling and diverse work. In turn, our team members believe that they offer commitment to our vision, mission and values and effective collaboration with fellow team members to deliver strong performance outcomes.
About the organisation
The Smith Family is a national, independent children’s charity helping disadvantaged Australians to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves. We are currently seeking a Team Leader to lead our national team of Tertiary Coordinators.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Team Leader - Tertiary Program via Pro Bono Australia.