About the role
Essential to your success
Planning and Delivery
- The Trainer will lead the development and delivery of the training modules by providing effective training expertise and support to EDVOS Education and Training through:
- Liaising with internal stakeholders at EDVOS and other relevant teams/staff, as well as external stakeholders to promote and develop training opportunities;
- Identifying and promoting training opportunities to welfare as well as corporate services;
- Working with Education and Training team members to maintain a calendar of training requests from all stakeholder recommendations and based on Trainer availability;
- Delivering training modules to targeted audiences/groups, understanding different learning styles and modules, and promoting mutual and respectful learning;
- Reviewing training content, materials and handouts to ensure continuous improvement across all areas of delivery, management and administration to ensure best practice;
- Maintain membership and contact with professional organisations and colleagues to keep abreast of current issues and trends;
- Assist the ‘General Manager – Innovation and Development’ in developing strategies to grow the business for EDVOS Education and Training;
- Work with other contracted trainers to undertake effective support, to proactively develop learning in the sector and evidence based initiatives in training delivery;
- Creating learning resources for in house training;
- Attend trainer Professional Development training days and I&D team meetings;
- Utilise external specialists in specific learning areas as required;
- Work with industry and community groups to ensure the continuous promotion of training opportunities and the development of industry and community partnerships;
- Marketing and promoting EDVOS Education and Training to the local community including business, local government, government and non-government agencies, and education providers.
Documenting and Reporting
- Assist the ‘General Manager – Innovation and Development’ in preparing the Education and Training plan;
- Assist the Admin Support or Projects Assistant to maintain the training register with details of number of attendees, disclosures and other information for each training session;
- Collecting and filing completed evaluation forms and sign-in sheets for each training session;
- Taking direction from the ‘General Manager – Innovation and Development’ as to processes of documentation required for each session i.e. participant sign in sheet, newsletter sign in sheets, appropriate evaluation forms for different trainings etc.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Certificate IV Workplace Training and Assessment or extensive experience in training delivery
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver training programs/modules at a high standard showing an in-depth understanding of adult learning principles
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Strong evidence of organisational and time management skills including the ability to manage multiple priorities effectively and to work under pressure, whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment with limited direction, with a high degree of responsibility and self-management
- Knowledge and experience of community and family violence services, including legislative requirements, service standard, quality frameworks and the translation of policy into best practice
- Strong computer literacy and knowledge of IT systems utilised for business applications including Excel accounting documents, desktop publishing and Microsoft software
- A relevant degree level Tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Education or equivalent
- Work experience in community/welfare sector particularly around family violence
- A high working knowledge around intersectionality within a family violence context
What We Offer
- Flexible working hours including the option of a monthly accrued day off (ADO) for full time staff
- Generous salary packaging benefits resulting in tax savings
- Excellent Professional Development opportunities including external training and workshops as well as EDVOS all staff training
- Health and wellbeing programs for all staff including weekly yoga classes, running group, walk at work, bi-monthly staff shared lunch and birthday calendar
- Regular supervision and management support including access to EAP
- Internal committees (e.g. Innovation & Development and Quality and Safety) working groups to support staff’s interest and expertise (e.g. Diversity, Consumer Engagement, OHS, Children and Youth)
- A rewarding opportunity to be part of an organisation that is committed to improving quality of life for women and children experiencing family violence
Salary for this position will be aligned with SCHADS Level 6.1 + 9.5% super.
About the organisation
Eastern Domestic Violence Services (EDVOS) is a not-for-profit specialist family violence service in Melbourne’s Eastern Metropolitan Region (EMR). We provide an integrated range of support and services to empower women and children who are responding to family violence. We operate within a human rights framework and our focus is on supporting the safety of women and children and the accountability of perpetrators.
We are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Trainer to join our Education & Training Team on a casual basis.
About the Opportunity
The EDVOS Education and Training team aims to increase understanding of gendered nature of family violence and build capacity to recognise and respond appropriately. Each training module utilises and incorporates evidence-based information and data released by international and national bodies.
EDVOS Education and Training aims to deliver comprehensive training based on three modules to improve early intervention and is targeted to build participants confidence and capacity to recognise and respond appropriately to disclosures of family violence.
The Trainer within this team is responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of EDVOS Education and Training modules and the achievement of the organisation’s training goals. The Trainer will create and promote awareness on gender inequality, structural barriers, family violence and support all community members to increase their understanding and knowledge on family violence.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Trainer - Education & Training (Casual) via Pro Bono Australia.