About the role
- Opportunity to play vital role in a vibrant, agile agency
- Two Year Fixed Term Part-time Contract
- Generous salary packaging
- Northern suburbs
About the role
Kids First Australia requires an Accounts Assistant to maintain the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions of the organisation. Reporting to the Financial Controller, the successful candidate will maintain accurate financial records, and provide customer service to business units throughout the organisation as required.
You will also:
- Ensure the appropriate delegations are followed for expense authorisation.
- Check accuracy of employee reimbursement expenses before processing.
- Enter invoices into accounting system for payment, ensuring correct approval, coding and cost centre allocation.
- Select invoices to be paid in line with organisational payment terms.
- Liaise with Financial Controller to ensure required payment batches do not exceed or are in line with organisational cash flow requirements.
- Respond to and co-ordinate vendor enquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Manage Account Receivable function including periodic invoicing to customers and the collection of outstanding debts within organisational credit terms.
- Ensure complete, timely and accurate recording of all monies received, committed and paid.
- Timely processing of all Credit Card transactions and assurance of proper record management regarding credit card payment approvals..
- Bookkeeping experience and/or accounting qualifications; with a minimum of one years’ experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Must have a ‘can-do’ attitude and a customer service focus
- Previous experience in MYOB or MYOB Advanced is desirable
- Strong systems knowledge and experience in an all-round account role for over one year.
- Previous experience in Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Intermediate skills and demonstrated experience using Excel spreadsheets.
- Proven experience of successfully communicating and coaching non-finance people around financial concepts.
- Previous experience in the not-for-profit sector is advantageous.
- Strong attention to detail.
What we offer
You will be rewarded with a collaborative and focussed culture, and an attractive salary including the opportunity to salary package to increase take home pay.
About the organisation
Kids First Australia (formally Children's Protection Society) is an independent not-for-profit organisation that has been supporting children and families since 1896. Our vision is that all children and young people thrive in resilient, strong and safe families and communities. Kids First has a proud reputation for innovation, high quality services, and an unequivocal focus on quality outcomes for children.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Accounts Assistant via Pro Bono Australia.