About the Role
To be successful, in this role you will have highly developed organisational and time management skills with the capacity to plan and prioritise work within competing deadlines. Strong computer and keyboard skills covering word processing, file management, database management and accounting systems are required. Excellent analytical skills with a strong interest in problem solving, quality assurance and corporate governance will be an advantage.
About the Organisation
Sex Workers Outreach Project (SWOP) is the longest established community-based, peer education sex worker organisation focused on HIV, STI and hepatitis C prevention, health education and promotion for sex workers in NSW.
We are a small, highly motivated and efficient team dedicated to SWOP’s mission is to achieve the same access for sex workers in New South Wales to Health, Safety, Human Rights, and Workplace Protections as is enjoyed by all non-sex workers in Australia.
In any one-year Sex Workers Outreach Project interacts with over 5000 sex workers, 500 of whom are new to sex work, and with another 1500 people connected with sex industry.
We visit over 500 sex service premises and over 50 regional and rural town and we run a minimum of 12 workshops and 11 safer sex campaigns for sex workers each year.
Most years we also train around 50 other organizations on working with sex workers and we sit on 30-40 government, health and community committees. SWOP runs two Facebook pages and two Twitter stream and a We Chat group for sex workers and last year we produced 10 targeted and culturally appropriate resources and distributed over 60,000 resources in hard and soft copy
Sex Workers Outreach Project (SWOP) is a peer education sex worker organisation and offers a safe space for sex workers accessing the organisation.
SWOP recognises and supports other marginalised communities and recognises their intersections with sex work. Persons who are Indigenous, who are migrants, living with disabilities, living with mental health issues, living with HIV, who use drugs or who identify a gay, lesbian, bi-sexual, trans, queer, intersex or asexual and who have lived experience of sex work are particularly encouraged to apply.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0407709947
Email : email@example.com
- Download the relevant Job Pack from the SWOP website.
- Complete the online SWOP Employment Application Form
- Address the Selection Criteria outlined in Part 6 of the Job Pack, upload and attach to the online SWOP Employment Application Form .
- Upload and attach a Cover Letter explaining why you want to work at Sex Workers Outreach Project to the online SWOP Employment Application Form .
- Upload and attach a copy of your Resume (CV) to the online SWOP Employment Application Form. Your resume must include work you have done as a sex worker.
- Your resume and entire job application will be treated as confidential. Your resume will only be viewed by the SWOP CEO and the SWOP Community Services and Outreach Manager and the three members of the interview panel. The SWOP CEO and the SWOP Community Services and Outreach Manager are usually members of the interview panel. All members of the interview panel have signed confidentiality agreements.
- Upload and attach any other relevant documentation to the SWOP Employment Application Form and submit the completed form and the uploaded documents.
Please quote in application: Administration and Office Support Manager via Pro Bono Australia.