About the role
The primary objective of this position is to raise the profile of the Animals Asia Foundation in Australia and NZ and grow fundraising revenues and supporter numbers in these countries. Develop and maintain sound financial practices that comply with relevant laws and regulations.
- To manage the Fundraising team in Australia and NZ
- Research and build new income sources to ensure Animals Asia has a sustainable funding base in Australia and NZ.
- Develop, maintain and implement specific fundraising initiatives including campaigns, donor engagement events and third-party fundraising.
- To develop a team in Australia and NZ that will manage and develop relationships with private & corporate donors, sponsors and partners.
- To work with your team in order to identify and acquire gifts and grants from HNWI including trusts and foundations.
- Work with the Regional Communications Team to grow, manage and monitor social media for the AUS/NZ market to meet the supporter engagement targets for Animals Asia in the region.
- Provide insight and analysis of the Australian and NZ markets to the Global Fundraising team.
- Prepare and manage budgets for income generation activities.
- Work with individual volunteers and established volunteer groups to maximize fundraising opportunities including fairs, festivals and local community collaborations.
- Support the Donor Development Manager in fielding external queries.
- To work with the Global Head of Individual Giving to ensure that targets for new regular monthly and cash donors are met.
- Maintain regular contact with the Animals Asia Foundation Board of Directors and ensure the Animals Asia Foundation Australia complies with all relevant legal obligations and fundraising legislation.
- Act as Animals Asia Foundation’s Company Secretary
- Develop and manage Animals Asia Foundation’s Australian staff and ensure all staff have the adequate resources and skills to perform their duties.
- Seek opportunities to address social, educational, and professional organizations about the work of Animals Asia and enlist their support.
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks as required by the Global Fundraising and Communications Director.
- Ensure that inter-department and inter-personal relationships at the centre are positive, cohesive, and contribute to the overall mission of Animals Asia Foundation.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with management in regard to work procedures, employee relations and procurement related concerns
- Contribute to the on-going review, development and implementation of changes to improve the productivity and efficiency of Animals Asia Foundation
- Participate in staff training and performance and development appraisal process to assist in the achievement of Animals Asia Foundation objectives and mission
- Promote and advocate Animals Asia Foundation to the general public
- Follow established Animals Asia Foundation procedures and policies
Requirements / Essential Skills:
- Must have worked as a Fundraising Manager / Director / Head of within the nonprofit sector
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong people management skills
- Strong project management skills.
- Senior leadership experience
- Excellent people leaderships skills and be able to motivate and encourage individuals to succeed in their career.
- Excellent relationship management abilities.
- High levels of CRM experience
About the organisation
We are looking for an exceptional individual, a highly motivated and entrepreneurial fundraiser with at least 5 years’ experience of working in a similar organization at a senior and strategic level. The successful candidate will not only be able to demonstrate a track record of success within the area of high value giving, they will also need to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to the core values of The Animals Asia Foundation.
Founded in 1998 by Jill Robinson, from her home in Hong Kong, Animals Asia promotes compassion and respect for all animals and works to bring about long-term change. We work to end the barbaric bear bile trade, which sees over 10,000 bears kept on bile farms in China, and, according to official figures, almost 1,000 suffering the same fate in Vietnam.
Animals Asia has to date, rescued over 600 bears, caring for them at our award-winning bear sanctuaries in China and Vietnam.
Animals Asia also works to end the trade in dogs and cats for food in China and Vietnam, and lobbies to improve the welfare of companion animals, promote humane population management and prevent the cross-border export of "meat dogs" in Asia.
In addition, Animals Asia campaigns for an end to abusive animal practices in zoos and safari parks in Asia and works closely with governing authorities to improve animal management and increase awareness of the welfare needs of captive animals.
The Animals Asia Foundation is at a critical juncture in its development and has the opportunity to achieve one of its core goals within the next 5 years which is to end bear bile farming in Vietnam forever.
How to apply for this role
How to Apply
Please send BY EMAIL ONLY a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the post with your CV/resume (no photos) in strict confidence by email only to: Karem Armstrong at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure that they are sent as Word or PDF documents with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV”. Please put “AnimalsAsia Australia/NZ Country Director” in the email subject line.
The deadline for applications is Sunday July 21st, 2019
This is a rolling process; relevant applications will be evaluated as they arrive.
Please quote in application: Australian Country Director via Pro Bono Australia.