About the Role
Evolve Housing offers you the opportunity to be part of this exciting new program which is aimed at delivering outcomes to a wide cohort of the community. This program uses a case management approach to provide wrap around support to tenants, household members and other clients to facilitate employment opportunities and achieve economic and housing independence. It will assist people to gain, retrain or increase employment through access to support services, training and educational opportunities. This role will be largely independent and will work across multiple locations within South Western Sydney, including Liverpool, Bankstown, Fairfield and Campbelltown.
This is a fixed term contract until 28th February 2022
The Right Person
Use your energy and tenacity to create change and be part of this progressive initiative which helps create opportunities, hope and building blocks for future success. You will be working with a culturally diverse cohort of clients and will have the opportunity to make a difference and help shape the destiny of others. If you are bilingual or have an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island background this will be highly regarded.
You will need to be a self-starter, someone who embraces and relishes change and challenges and be committed to helping others achieve their goals.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Formal qualifications in social services and demonstrated experience in this field, complemented by experience and knowledge of the social and community housing sector and/or employment services;
- Strong case management experience and exposure to working with clients with a variety of needs and a diverse background;
- Demonstrated application of effective and appropriate communication skills at a high level, including written skills, cultural sensitivity, listening and interviewing;
- Experience working with culturally and linguistically diverse, and, at times, challenging clients;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion in line with the privacy requirements of the role;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as an effective team member, with a commitment to build a supportive and collaborative team culture;
- Understands, respects and is sensitive towards cultural and social diversity;
- Current driver’s licence and right to drive in Australia;
- An inherent requirement of the role is a willingness to travel and work across a number of locations according to a flexible schedule;
- Possession of a compliant Criminal Check or willingness to obtain;
- Right to work in Australia;
- Knowledge of Government policy and legislation applying to social and community housing and government benefits desirable;
- Having the ability to communicate (written & verbal) in a second language or an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island background will be highly regarded
Conditions and Benefits
Generous salary, NFP salary sacrifice (tax-free component may increase take home pay), 35 hour week, flexible workplace and genuine development opportunities.
About the Organisation
Evolve Housing is a community focused provider of social and affordable housing. We provide innovative housing services and solutions to those in need and develop partnerships that provide positive social outcomes for individuals and their communities.
Achieving social outcomes for our tenants, residents and community is a strategic focus for Evolve. Our recent awarding of the Opportunity Pathways Program tender for South West Sydney and Nepean Blue Mountains recognises our commitment to making a positive impact in the communities we support.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 02 8862 1567
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Case Coordinator – Opportunity Pathways via Pro Bono Australia.