About the role
- Join an environment committed to transparency and good governance
- Work with a transformed Board and a collegiate executive team
- Prepare and strengthen an iconic NSW organisation for the future
Over the last two years, a new leadership team at RSL NSW has taken enormous steps to transform the organisation and its culture. Based in new headquarters in George Street Sydney, RSL NSW is an entirely different organisation with professional staff, strong governance processes and strong finance systems. The RSL NSW team is fully focused – the Board, the members and staff – on getting back to their mission of helping veterans and their families in need and making sure they can help many more.
The CEO will report to the RSL NSW Board, provide leadership, vision and direction for the organisation, and focus on the transformational strategic change program that is underway.
RSL NSW are looking for a leader with the following:
- Senior executive experience in a large and complex organisation, with experience within a membership based organisation a distinct advantage
- Experience leading an organisation that has undergone significant change, with a demonstrated ability to develop strategy, manage risk, create a vision and bring people along on the change journey
- Experience in delivering a suite of health, companion and wellbeing programs to improve the quality of life of a defined group of beneficiaries
- Strong understanding of military and/or RSL NSW culture, and of the nuanced complexity within the RSL NSW membership cohort
- Strong communication skills, able to deliver the organisation’s message and engage with a broad range of stakeholders both within and outside the organisation
- Commitment to the highest standards of good governance and transparency
About the organisation
RSL NSW has been respecting, supporting and remembering NSW veterans and their families for over 100 years. The organisation was formed in 1917 and currently has 35,000 members in 350 sub-Branches throughout New South Wales. Incorporated under an Act of the NSW Parliament, RSL NSW’s vision is to be recognised and respected as the pre-eminent association within the Defence Family in New South Wales.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer via Pro Bono Australia.