About the role
This is an opportunity to lead a globally recognised, highly impactful employment program supporting humanitarian entrants into professional careers. The founding CEO is now looking for a successor that will build on this innovative social enterprise model and continue to grow organisational sustainability.
What we are looking for:
- A clear desire to lead a purpose driven organisation focused on delivering impact quickly, efficiently and sustainably
- A proactive and strong leader with demonstrated commercial acumen and a minimum of 8 years management experience
- An entrepreneurial, innovative and solutions focused mindset with an understanding of the demands of a start-up environment
- An ability to continue to cultivate a collaborative and engaging work culture for a small, hard-working and close-knit team
- A gifted communicator with the power to engage and influence a broad range of stakeholders across sectors
- Demonstrated understanding of the expectations of our corporate partners and extensive experience developing and managing partnerships
- Experience in the non-profit sector with employment programs or refugee initiatives, either locally or internationally, is advantageous but not essential. We are open to applications from other sectors looking for a new challenge in a purpose driven organisation
- International experience is highly regarded
- A relevant tertiary qualification is essential
About the organisation
CareerSeekers New Australian Internship Program is a non-profit social enterprise partnering with leading employers to support Australia’s humanitarian entrants into professional careers. Working with university students and those looking to resume professional careers, this small but growing organisation is changing the course of the lives of program participants as well as the conversation about the value of refugees in corporate Australia.
Founded in 2015, CareerSeekers has attracted global attention as a best practice model of employment for asylum seekers and refugees. Since inception CareerSeekers has supported over 500 refugees into professional employment and has grown partnerships with 58 employers across Australia.
CareerSeekers is a small organisation with big impact. A team of nine supports 250 refugees into professional employment annually. The organisation has been developed within a proven social enterprise model that has no reliance on government funding. The organisation is run with a $1.5M annual budget, majority funded through earned revenue generated by the fees paid by employment partners and the remainder through long-term philanthropic grants. With the right leadership, the organisation will be entirely financially self-sustaining by 2021.
For more information on the organisation and program, please visit www.careerseekers.org.au
How to apply for this role
To apply you must submit a CV and a cover letter outlining why you are interested in this role and how your skills and experience could be applied to this opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have specific questions about this opportunity, please email email@example.com
Applications close 5:00pm Thursday 18 July 2019 or as soon as we find the right candidate.
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer via Pro Bono Australia.