About the role
- Reporting to CEO
- Build Brand and improve profile
- Strategic hands-on role
As the Asylum Seekers Centre embarks on a new organisational strategic plan 2019-2021, we are searching for a talented and effective Communications Manager who can help us achieve our organisational goals.
The Communications Manager position has an external focus that supports and drives the ASC Strategic Plan 2019-2021 to raise ASC’s profile and visibility, in the knowledge that we can do more for people seeking asylum when we are known and recognised as a credible and expert organisation.
The primary responsibilities of the Communications Manager are:
- Developing and leading the communications and marketing strategies
- Proactive and effective media relations and engagement
- Building ASC Brand and continuously improving profile and engagement
To be successful in this position, you need:
- Track record in developing and implementing strategy
- Effective, meaningful and engaging content writing ability across multi-channels for diverse stakeholder audiences
- A flair for marketing and media / issues management experience
- A strong commitment to social justice issues and the plight of refugees and asylum seekers.
- Capabilities, skills and experience as set out in the Position Description.
This is a full-time 3 year fixed-term contract position with the opportunity for renewal.
An attractive remuneration including salary packaging will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
About the organisation
The Asylum Seekers Centre provides practical and personal support for people seeking asylum living in the community.
ASC purpose is to:
- Provide support and services for people seeking asylum to enable them to become independent and valued members of the community.
- Advocate for a supportive policy and service framework that recognises the rights and needs of people seeking asylum in Australia – regardless of how they arrive.
- Create a welcoming and supportive community – involving people from all walks of life in our work while building understanding of asylum issues and support for people seeking asylum.
Our services include casework, accommodation, financial relief, health care and counselling, employment assistance, education, advocacy, food and recreational activities.
We rely on philanthropic grants, individual donations, some state government support, a dedicated team of professional staff and hundreds of volunteers to undertake our work.
How to apply for this role
To apply click APPLY NOW, please attach your CV and a covering letter that addresses your capabilities and how you meet the selection criteria set out in the Position Description.
For a confidential discussion about this position, please contact Catherine Spencer on 0438 083 524.
ASC aims for equality and diversity in recruitment, employment and all areas of our work. The successful applicant will require a valid NSW Working with Children’s Check.
Please quote in application: Communications manager via Pro Bono Australia.