About the Role
Antenna is seeking a Development Manager to lead our philanthropy program.A key member of the team and working closely with the Festival Director and Festival Board, the Development Manager will develop, execute and evaluate strategies that engage philanthropic supporters with the Festival.
- Working with the Director, Board members and Fundraising Committee, develop and implement a long term philanthropy strategy focused on retaining and increasing the engagement of current donors, and identifying and engaging prospective donors in response to agreed targets.
- Secure grants from government and the philanthropic sector
- Work with the Festival Director, Festival’s Board, and Fundraising Committee to devise and implement new initiatives designed to increase philanthropic revenue
- Manage administrative functions including donation processing and receipting, record keeping and reporting, and an appropriate donor acknowledgement strategy.
- Attend donor-focused events during the Festival and from time to time throughout the year, as required.
- Work with the Director to identify suitable corporate partners and increase corporate support.
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following capabilities:
- Excellent understanding of the fundraising, economic and philanthropic environments in Australia
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a fundraising role with demonstrated success securing support
- High level verbal and written communication skills including experience in writing reports/proposal/acquittals
- Ability to work effectively and positively, both independently and within a team environment
About the Organisation
Established in 2011, Antenna is Australia’s international documentary film festival. With an established reputation both nationally and internationally, the festival is celebrated as Australia’s annual event to stay up-to-date with the best in documentary cinema today. Antenna is dedicated to programming independent and cutting-edge films that tread new ground in the documentary landscape. In addition to film screenings, the festival’s program includes talks, masterclasses and industry-focused events, offering an independent and inspiring meeting place for documentary filmmakers, industry leaders and local audiences. The 9th Antenna Documentary Film Festival will be held between 17-27 October 2019.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0406053745
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your CV and a covering letter addressing the key responsibilities to David Rokach, email@example.com
Please quote in application: Development Manager: Philanthropy via Pro Bono Australia.