About the role
- Be part of UNSW inaugural, University-wide philanthropic campaign
- Based UNSW Kensington campus and Sydney CBD office
At UNSW Built Environment, we shape future cities, cities that are resilient, informed, connected, healthy, smart, liveable and inclusive. Our vision is to be a global leader through high impact research and education that are vital to cities, their built environments and inhabitants. Our research responds to pressing urban challenges through academics and industry professionals who are leaders in their fields, Scientia Fellows and Scholars, higher degrees scholarships, practice-based PhDs, cross-faculty research, industry partnerships and consulting.
Under broad direction from the Director Development, you will implement strategies to achieve philanthropic revenue targets, as well as manage a personal portfolio of approximately 100 prospects. Success is measured in terms of donor engagement, philanthropic income and portfolio progress (identification, cultivation, proposal, stewardship). Key responsibilities include:
- Work collaboratively with academic leaders to identify projects that require philanthropic support and foster productive relationships
- Build and manage a personal portfolio of prospects and develop strong and sustainable relationships with these individuals to identify and deepen their interest in UNSW
- Prepare proposals, solicitation letters, and other cultivation materials and stewardship information for major gift prospects and donors and ensure cultivation and stewardship plans for all prospect and donors in the portfolio are effective and complete
You are a self-driven and motivated fundraising and/or engagement professional, looking for the opportunity to utilise your skills in a world-class fundraising team, with access to the support, training and mentoring to progress your major donor fundraising career.
About the organisation
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work. We aspire to be Australia’s global university, improving and transforming lives through excellence in research, outstanding education and a commitment to advancing a just society.
Philanthropy is critical to the success of the 2025 Strategy. Beginning with the appointment of a new Vice-President, Philanthropy in February 2016, UNSW is committed to building a world-class development and engagement team that will help advance UNSW’s ambitious goals. Our Development and International Development Teams work closely with individuals, corporations, and foundations to raise philanthropic support for the university’s highest priorities.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Development Officer – UNSW Built Environment via Pro Bono Australia.