About the role
The Executive Officer will work closely with the Board to deliver strategic priorities plus manage day to day operations including overseeing a small team, advocacy activities with Government Agencies, community consultation and strategic planning.
Key objectives for the next 12 months will include;
- Coordinating consultation with the community housing sector and contribute to the development of a 10 year SA Housing Strategy
- Lead negotiations with Government and represent the organisation in working parties and forums
- Supervise and manage a team
- Oversight of effective and timely operational and financial management, systems and processes
- Liaise with key partners and stakeholders at the state and national level
- Undertake projects in support of Members consistent with the organisations strategic objectives
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends and developments
- Preparation of the Annual Report, including the audited financial reports
To be considered for this role you will be an experienced Executive who has a demonstrated understanding of governance including working with a Board. This is a full time position, initially for a 12 month contract period. A Salary including salary sacrifice and other benefits will be negotiated with the successful candidate and commensurate with the duties in the role.
About the organisation
The Community Housing Council of South Australia (CHCSA) is the Peak Industry Body that represents community housing providers and other not-for-profit housing providers in South Australia. They advocate on behalf of their members and offer services and information to individuals who are interested in accessing community based, affordable housing. They share an aspiration for South Australia to be the most liveable place in the nation, where everyone enjoys a high quality of life, regardless of income. Underpinning this shared aspiration is a commitment to ensure a wide range of affordable homes catering for households with varying needs and income levels.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Executive Officer via Pro Bono Australia.