About the role
- Provide direction and leadership by supervising, managing performance, mentoring and coaching the community services management team.
- Ensure that contracted outputs are met in the Community Services stream, with quality service being delivered in every client interaction.
- Ensure that each service is delivered within allocated budgets, and that standardised operational systems across human resources, workplace health and safety, learning and development, and quality management are adhered to.
- Develop and implement Operational Plans for Community Service, and oversee tenders and submissions for funding to ensure the continued growth of the Community Services.
Please refer to the position description attached for a full list of key responsibilities.
To be successful in this role you will have:
– Demonstrated experience working with people who are at risk or experiencing homelessness
– Relevant qualifications in social work, psychology, community services, or in a relevant field and/or significant experience working in a similar role.
– Minimum 5 years in a similar leadership role in a not for profit, values driven organisation.
– Demonstrated experience in leading program planning, development and evaluation to organisational stakeholders.
– Proven experience in the development of programs and projects with social impact.
– Knowledge of relevant networks and ability to liaise with key stakeholders.
– Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a collaborative environment with highly developed interpersonal, communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
– Proven ability to adapt to changing environments.
– Experience in risk management including client and staff safety, confidentiality, duty of care, mandatory reporting, according to relevant legislation.
– Knowledge of the Family Violence Protection Act 2008 and Child Safe Standards 2016.
– Demonstrated background or training relevant to working with family services or complex needs programs, including family violence, alcohol, drugs, CALD and/or mental illness.
What We Offer:
• Flexible working hours including the option of monthly accrued day off (ADO) for full time staff
• Generous salary packaging benefits resulting in tax savings
• Excellent Professional Development opportunities including external training and workshops as well as McAuley all staff training
• A focus on work/life balance within a great team environment
• Regular supervision and management support including access to EAP
• The option to purchase leave if desired
• A rewarding opportunity to be part of an organisation that is committed to improving quality of life for women and children experiencing family violence and homelessness
Footscray location. Salary to be negotiated, commensurate with experience. This role is open only to female identifying candidates.
A Working with Children Check (Employer Version) and a current driver’s license are mandatory. Successful appointment to a position will be subject to a National (and International if applicable) Police check.
McAuley Community Services for Women values diversity and encourages applications from all backgrounds. McAuley Community Services for Women is a child safe organisation, and upholds the Victorian Child Safe Standards.
About the organisation
McAuley Community Services for Women, a ministry of the Institute of Sisters of Mercy of Australia and Papua New Guinea, is committed to creating a world that enables women and children to participate in society on their own terms through innovative services, advocacy and a caring community… so poverty and homelessness can be eradicated.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Head of Community Services via Pro Bono Australia.