About the role
- Senior Management role
- Be a part of Australia’s most trusted not for profit
- St Kilda Road location
About your opportunity
This role is responsible for the strategic management of the policy, procedural and governance aspects of the research and clinical trials activities of Cancer Council.
In this role you will be responsible for;
- Provide high level support and advice to internal and external stakeholders and committees around governance in research and clinical trials
- Lead the unit’s strategic and business planning and provide on-going leadership and coaching to support the team in achievement of objectives
- Advance and promote professional standards for research at Cancer Council
- Manage the unit budget including additional funding sought via grant or infrastructure resource opportunities
- Manage the national secretariat for the peer review and national ranking of grants on behalf of Cancer Council Australia for State Cancer Councils
- Oversee delivery of key projects relating to clinical trials research and capacity building for improving patient access to and uptake of clinical trials
- Ensure strategic alliances and partnerships are developed and maintained to drive innovation and best practice across the sector
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- Tertiary qualification in research, management, ethics, science or a related discipline
- Extensive experience working with statutory requirements and legislation as relevant to research
- Experience managing formal committees and meeting procedures
- Strong team leadership and people management skills
- Proven ability to successfully manage complex projects or research with an understanding of peer review processes.\
We can offer you:
- A full time, ongoing role
- The opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of those affected by cancer
- A flexible and supportive workplace, with excellent work-life balance and opportunities for career progression and development
- Not for profit salary packaging
About the organisation
About your environment
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria (CCV) has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organization, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people. The Research Program Governance Unit manages the research policies and processes and clinical trials activities for Cancer Council Victoria.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Head of Research and Programs Governance RGP.00 via Pro Bono Australia.