About the role
- Campbelltown Location
- Hindi speaking
- Attractive casual rate
ABOUT THE PROJECT
SSI’s FutureAbility Project has been funded by the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) to deliver in-language information about disability and the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) via a series of Community Information Sessions. These sessions are designed to target people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) communities and will be held in various locations across Sydney metro areas and NSW.
The Community Information Sessions provide CALD communities with much needed in-language information around different disability types, how to access the NDIS, and supports available through the Scheme.
The sessions offer an opportunity to enhance the community participation and quality of life of people with disabilities from CALD backgrounds, so they are more likely to seek out help and live more inclusive and enjoyable lives in their community.
The role of a Facilitator is to:
- Present information on disability and the NDIS in Hindi to approximately 25-30 people via an in-language two hour power point presentation (developed and provided by the FutureAbility Project).
- Assist with evaluation process and initiating a Q&A at the end of the session, as well as assisting with event promotion and responding to RSVPs.
Full training on disability and the NDIS will be provided to the successful candidate, as well as support during the sessions.
23 July 2019 – Campbelltown
One half-day Hindi Community Information Session has been scheduled at this point:
Please note additional dates and locations will be added for 2019/2020, but will be communicated well in advance by FutureAbility staff.
- Ability to read and write fluently in Hindi
- Medium level Microsoft Office / Power Point experience.
- Prepared to travel across the Sydney metropolitan area and there may be some regional travel as well (see table with dates and locations above).
- Driving licence and own transport is required.
- Prior experience in presenting to groups is desired but not essential.
- Prior knowledge of the NDIS is desirable
About the organisation
SSI is a community organisation and social business that supports newcomers and other Australians to achieve their full potential. We work with all people who have experienced vulnerability, including refugees, people seeking asylum and culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities, to build capacity and enable them to overcome inequality. Our vision is to achieve a society that values the diversity of its people and actively provides support to ensure meaningful social and economic participation and to assist individuals and families reach their potential.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Hindi Speaking Community Information Session Facilitator via Pro Bono Australia.