About the role
Do you live and breathe football and coaching, looking for a role with purpose?
Are you interested in making positive change to unlock Indigenous children’s potential?
Have you got 3+ years coaching experience?
Role Overview & Project Summary
John Moriarty Football (JMF) is seeking a Football Coach & Mentor for their established football programme located in the remote community of Borroloola, in the Gulf of Carpentaria, NT.
This is a pivotal role in our expanding operations. We are an agile and flexible small-medium independent not-for-profit, with an affiliated organisation that has more than thirty years’ experience in remote Aboriginal Australia. We are offering the suitable candidate a cutting edge professional opportunity that is responsible for football curriculum delivery and mentoring local Indigenous staff in best practice.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
Coaching & JMF Program delivery
- Coordinate Coaching Delivery in Schools and other community and sports organisations.
- Be a role model for staff and players in relation to behaviour, attendance, punctuality, personal organisation and management.
Wellbeing and Nutrition
- Deliver on Moriarty Foundation Wellbeing Program in relation to 5 key areas: healthy nutrition, fitness, fun & learning, protective relationships, mental resilience.
- Notify and respond on matters of staff and participants welfare and code of behaviour
- Coordinate and deliver the nutrition component of the program, in collaboration with the rest of the team.
- Responsible to train the team to deliver health & wellbeing key messages to the participants.
- Identify training and development needs for all JMF coaching staff. This will be achieved via coaching assessments, appraisal systems and day-to-day observation and with Head Office support.
Relationship Management & Operations
- Ensure involvement and input into program development and delivery with parents, elders and community stakeholders.
- Promote the Program’s staff and participants’ best interests.
- Liaise with local stakeholders to identify mutually beneficial ways to work together.
Qualifications & Experience
- A passion for teaching/developing youth
- Tertiary qualification
- Minimum AFC/FFA ‘C’ License or equivalent & 3+ years coaching experience
- Current Australian driver’s license with the ability to drive a manual vehicle
- Eligible for NT Ochre Card.
- Interest to work with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and commitment to helping create positive change amongst children in Indigenous communities
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Physical Education or related Teaching/Vocational degree
- Australian permanent resident
- First Aid Qualified.
Shared house accommodation is provided by the Moriarty Foundation for the Football Coach & Mentor position, coupled with a competitive salary package.
A six-month contract with mutual option to extend six months.
About the organisation
About Moriarty Foundation:
Sydney-headquartered Moriarty Foundation was established in 2012. Its founders are John Moriarty, a Yanyuwa NT man, business owner and the first Indigenous footballer to be selected for Australia, and business owner/author Ros Moriarty. We enable NT, NSW and Qld Aboriginal communities and families to unlock their own children’s potential. We tailor our approach to meet local challenges and needs in communities, with local employment and staff development at the centre of our sustainability. Moriarty Foundation delivers two programs that follow the whole-of-child lifecycle from birth to 18, Indi Kindi (Early years program) and John Moriarty Football (Football skills mastery program).
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: John Moriarty Football Coach & Mentor – Borroloola, NT via Pro Bono Australia.