About the Role
St Vincent’s Institute of Medical Research (SVI) is an independent institute that conducts the highest quality biomedical research into the cause, prevention and treatment of common diseases such as cancer, heart disease, type 1 diabetes, obesity, bone disease and Alzheimer’s.
For over 60 years, SVI has taken on the challenge of fundamentally understanding and conquering these diseases to create better health outcomes for all Australians.
Benefits & Culture
- Salary packaging
- Discounted 365-day Myki pass
- Discounted parking
- 12 weeks’ paid Parental Leave
- Family-friendly meeting times, scheduled to begin after 9.30am and end by 4.30pm
- Flexible work and leave options; option to purchase up to an additional four weeks leave
- Onsite Staff Medical Centre offering a Bulk Billing (no fee) basis for Medicare holders
- Employee Assistance Program offering free offsite personal and confidential counselling sessions
Reporting to the Chief Executive, you will be responsible for developing and managing the major gifts program raising philanthropic income from a portfolio of individuals. This will include:
- Successful management of a portfolio of SVI’s most generous supporters
- Research, identification and the solicitation of new major gift donors
- Nurture relationships and drive major gift cultivation and solicitation, making “asks”
- Connect donors to the work of advancing research, discoveries and impact
- Work with the Chief executive and board members to ensure they are engaged with supporters
You have a record of accomplishment in major donor, bequest or corporate relations. You have exceptional communication and influencing skills with a personable approach to engage and build relationships. You can also demonstrate:
- Deep understanding of best practice major gift or business development strategies
- Ability to absorb complex information that you can communicate credibly to donors
- Use of effective soliciting and stewardship tools mapping the donor or customer journey
- Experience working collaboratively in a target driven environment
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
Raise funds that are critically important to new discoveries in improving the health of the community. Apply now by submitting your resume and cover letter addressing the skills required. Alternatively, please call Emma Naglieri on 03 8319 4080 for a further discussion.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
Please quote in application: Major Gifts Manager via Pro Bono Australia.