About the role
Position Title: Research and Training Manager
Salary: Level 7
Tenure: 1 year contract
Hours of employment: 38 hours per week (including regular evening and weekend work)
Conditions of employment: In accordance with SCHADS Award 2010
The AMWCHR Institute for Minority Women is a recently established portfolio within the AMWCHR and operates as the research and consultancy arm of the organisation.
The Manager AMWCHR Institute for Minority Women is a new role offering an exciting challenge to strengthen and grow the corporate function of the organisation. This position is expected to play a critical role in expanding the reach of the AMWCHR to mainstream sectors and establishing independent income sources for the organisation.
The role has key management responsibilities for the corporate portfolio of the AMWCHR which includes training development and delivery, research, publications and consultancy services.
The Manager AMWCHR Institute for Minority Women is responsible for management of the development, delivery, monitoring and review of all Institute related projects and activities. The role incumbent is also expected to contribute research knowledge to inform practice within the Community Programs portfolio of the organisation.
The Manager AMWCHR Institute for Minority Women:
- Pursues and establishes partnerships and collaborations that strengthen the capacity and visibility of the Institute and attract funding.
- Manages the engagement of, and maintains relationships with, all stakeholders relevant to the functions of the Institute.
- Leads research and consultancy activities that respond to client and community needs.
- Coordinates the development, implementation and ongoing review of a range of projects that support practice within the corporate portfolio.
- Pursues relationships with philanthropy, corporate Australia and universities.
This role requires high level conceptual and analytical knowledge around human rights and issues relevant to Muslim communities, the ability to successfully manage a range of complexities and competing demands and stakeholder relationships with Institute clients, service providers, funding bodies and other key influencers.
The position is also expected to contribute to building the organisation’s knowledge and research base as it relates to Muslim communities and Muslim women’s leadership historically and presently and maintain information and literature within Islamic exegesis that supports the role and rights of Muslim community leadership, capacity building, human rights and social and civic participation.
The training development and delivery responsibilities of the AMWCHR Institute for Minority Women include using research to develop and deliver a broad range of information packages and training programs for the organisation’s Community Programs portfolio and for corporate / mainstream clients. The training related duties of the Manager AMWCHR Institute include a significant focus on developing innovative customised consultancy services that attend to the complex needs of diverse target audiences.
About the organisation
The Australian Muslim Women’s Centre for Human Rights (AMWCHR) is an organisation of Muslim women working to advance the rights and status of Muslim women in Australia. We are a non-religious organisation reflecting the sectarian, cultural and linguistic diversity within the Muslim community.
We work for the rights of women by:
- Empowering women’s self-determination
- Bringing a human rights approach to bear on issues of inequality and disadvantage
- Working with individuals, the community, and government to advocate for equality within the Australian context.
We aim to inspire positive action by others and aspire to continuously enhance the quality, impact and effectiveness of our work.
The AMWCHR community portfolio works with individuals, groups and service providers in the following areas:
- Case work, referrals, secondary consultation and outreach
- Community-based programs and service delivery
- Capacity building
- Leadership development
- Policy development
- Partnership projects
The AMWCHR corporate portfolio undertakes:
- Training development and delivery
- Consultancy services
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Research and Training Manager via Pro Bono Australia.