About the role
We’re Marie Stopes Australia, the leading national provider of sexual and reproductive health, and we’re looking for our next Nurse Unit Manager in Canbera.
You’re someone who is looking to advance their nursing career, while also making a big difference to the lives of women you’ll meet every day.
We want someone with management experience in a healthcare service delivery environment who will lead our dedicated interdisciplinary team.
What we want you to do:
- Provide safe, high quality patient-centred care
- Manage staff rosters
- Manage the financial planning and budgetary requirements of the clinic
- Manage areas of clinical risk
- Provide best practice solutions in line with our policies and procedures
- Liaise with external clinics and medical practitioners to develop relationships with local health providers
What we need:
- Registered Nurse with an AHPRA registration
- 5 years management experience in a clinical setting
- A Pro-choice advocate
- Knowledge of National Accreditation Standards and ACORN standards
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and learn new software
- Ability to manage budgets and staffing requirements
- Experience achieving high clinical standards
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Leadership skills that promote a positive team culture
- Active and reflective listening skills with an understanding of how to provide empathetic care
What we’d like to see (but aren’t essential):
- Experience in day surgery, recovery, and women’s health
- Peri-operative postgrad
- Leadership qualification
- Family Planning Certificate or Midwifery qualification
- Recruitment and Selection experience
- Networking skills and experience
What we’re offering
Part time position – minimum of 23 hours per week, with a possibility to increase depending on business requirements and some on call required – hours negotiable to suit the right leader
Salary will be based on experience
Negotiable for the right candidate
Travel and accommodation for attendance at annual NUM conferences
Who you’re joining
At MSA we believe in children by choice, not chance. Our vision is to help all Australians take control of their sexual and reproductive health, and we can’t do this without passionate and committed staff. We believe that diversity makes a better workplace, so we’re an equal opportunity employer.
Marie Stopes Australia values a safe working environment. As part of our recruitment and selection process, potential candidates will be required to undertake a background check.
Please be aware that if your application is successful, a member of our team will be in contact with you.
Our National Support Centre provides crucial support and access to patients; please do not call it for information regarding job applications.
To be eligible for this position you must have an appropriate Australian work visa. Marie Stopes Australia does not provide work visa sponsorships.
Quality – Integrity – Sustainability – Courage
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Nurse Unit Manager via Pro Bono Australia.