About the role
Wesley Mission is seeking a Program Manager to join the Wesley Dalmar Family Preservation team in a hands-on role, enabling the successful candidate to contribute to preventing children from entering the foster care system. You can expect to work collaboratively with Family and Community Services by assessing potential referrals of families deemed ‘high-risk’, and implementing structured family action plans to actively work towards reducing this risk.
The candidate will demonstrate leadership to a small multi-disciplinary team containing two family coaches, a psychologist and an education specialist. This is achieved primarily through employing a coaching model in-home with clients to achieve their maximum potential. The role will require strong reporting and outcomes analysis which will inform the future direction of the program.
You will be passionate about working with families who are in real need of intervention, with patience and strong motivation to actively encourage change. This role will involve work with persons under the age of 18, and therefore strict suitability checks will be conducted.
- tertiary qualification(s) in Psychology, Counselling, Social Work, Social Science or related fields
- at least 5 years’ experience working with families in the identification and analysis of safety and wellbeing concerns for children
- proven leadership and management skills including experience in supervision of staff; leading practice reflection, team development and managing a multi-disciplinary team
- knowledge of change management and conflict resolution principles in human service organisations
- sound understanding of the range of issues faced by vulnerable children and families in child protection and intensive intervention models of service provision
- working knowledge of and commitment to evidence-based practice, trauma-informed, child-centred and family-focused practice, collaborative, strengths based and solution-focused practice
- commitment to continuous improvement and WH&S Principles
- developed organisational skills; ability to multi-task, prioritise workloads and meet deadlines and budgets
- high-level self-management and critical analysis skills
- strong computer literacy skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- current NSW or National driver’s licence
- budget management experience
- demonstrated ability to engage families at the point of initial service contact, build relationships of trust and cooperation, problem-solve and support planning
- experience in managing internal and external stakeholders to achieve set objectives
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Social, Community, Housing and Disability Services (SCHADS) Award 2010, Level 7. Fully maintained vehicle and salary packaging also available.
The agency provides regular supervision and support for all staff and opportunities for professional development.
Friday 14 June 2019, by 5pm.
About the organisation
Wesley Mission is a high-profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services including aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
Family Preservation is an exciting new model, funded by the NSW Department of Family and Community Services, to deliver intensive practical support to families whose children are at real risk of entering the State’s out-of-home-care system.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Program Manager via Pro Bono Australia.