About the role
- Full time
- $94,278.60 – $100,000
This position will take responsibility for the successful management and delivery of the programs in the Ovens Murray Area.
Programs which fall under the responsibility of this position include:
- Home based Care
- Kinship Care
- Foster Care
- Leaving Care
The Manager – OOHC is part of the Ovens Murray Senior Management Team and will work to ensure:
- Aboriginal children and young people receive high level of service & quality care
- All OOHC programs meet performance targets and contract agreements
- The workplace is a culturally safe and professional environment to work
- Continuous quality improvement remains high on the agenda
- Relationship with sector partners including foster carers, child protection sector and Aboriginal agencies are developed and maintained
- The cultural rights and needs of child & families are prioritised within and embedded within practice
- Children and families receive a quality and meaningful service
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- Commitment to VACCA’s vision and purpose.
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances of Aboriginal people
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal culture
- Demonstrated high level ability to lead and manage a multitude of programs
- Sound knowledge and experience of working within the child protection and the continuum of Out of- Home Care options; case management and case planning
- Demonstrated experience in the management, professional supervision, support and development of staff providing direct service delivery within the sector.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong relationships and partnerships across the service sector to ensure the best possible outcomes for individuals, families and communities.
- Strong organisational abilities, problem solving, good decision making and development of innovative strategies in complex cases within complex service systems.
Application deadline is Sunday, 14 July 2019
About the organisation
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organization of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organization that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation’s vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Program Manager via Pro Bono Australia.