About the role
- Location – Preston
- Full Time Position
- Salary – $ 101,555 – $111,729
- 5 Weeks Annual Paid Leave
This position will take a leadership role in the development, implementation and operational management of VACCA’s Nugel program. The position will also contribute to the development of state wide policies, procedures and protocols including arrangements for sharing resources and services with DHHS and other ACCOs.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- Sound Knowledge and and understanding of:
- Aboriginal history, values, practices and culture
- Child development, attachment and trauma as they relate to Aboriginal children
- Demonstrated ability to use this knowledge to guide practice with Aboriginal children, families and carers
- Legislation, policy and practice requirements relating to Aboriginal children, families and communities
- Excellent people management skills; professional supervision, and development of a team of direct service delivery staff
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to undertake assessments including risk assessments, LAC assessments and assessments related to children’s development.
- Able to problem solve, make decisions and develop of innovative strategies in complex cases within the service systems
- Experience working in the child, youth and family sector
- Diploma in community Services
Application must include:
- A cover letter outlining why you are applying for this position
- A resume with your skills, experience and qualifications
- Written responses to the key selection criteria
Application Deadline- 16th July 2019
For more information regarding your exciting future with VACCA, please contact Ankita Das Gupta on 9287 8838
For a copy of the position description and to apply for this position, click here www.vacca.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies
About the organisation
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organization of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organization that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
We provide a positive, culturally safe workplace environment supported by family friendly and culturally sensitive workforce policies, including professional development, continuing education and staff wellbeing.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Program Manager, Nugel via Pro Bono Australia.