About the role
- Development of post graduate online education in Lifestyle Medicine
- Development of Lifestyle Medicine position statements and therapeutic guidelines
- Knowledge of the health sector, particularly chronic disease management, clinical practice and public/preventative health
- Experience in conducting research, literature reviews and drafting papers for peer review
- Familiarity with the education sector, particularly in regards to the design and delivery of online education
- Experience in the development of education, particularly online, and in developing educational units/modules and preparing material for delivery
- Optionally, experience in identifying and applying for grants and cultivating other philanthropic sources of funding
- A high level of understanding of privacy and confidentiality, and demonstrated discernment/discretion in prior work
- Exceptional English language writing skills and an aptitude for academic level writing
- Excellent work flow management and time management skills
- You’ll have a ‘can do’ attitude, relish a challenge and not be easily overwhelmed!
- High attention to detail, focused on accuracy, quality and presentation
- Quick to take initiative and to solve problems creatively
This is an 18 month full time fixed contract role with the potential to extend/reconfigure as the organisation grows. It will be based in our office, currently in Thornbury, working with our small team of seven inspiring change makers.
Interviews will be ongoing and the role may be filled at any time, so please submit your application as soon as possible.
About the organisation
The Australasian Society of Lifestyle Medicine (ASLM) is an interdisciplinary society of health professionals working towards improved prevention, management, and treatment of chronic, complex and lifestyle-related conditions. ‘Lifestyle-related’ includes environmental, societal, behavioural and other factors.
How to apply for this role
Feel free to contact Stephen Penman if you have any questions about the role on 0438 004 807.
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter addressing the dot points above to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote in application: Project Officer/Research Officer via Pro Bono Australia.