About the role
About The Role
Scope has an exciting and unique opportunity for a Research Assistant to work within our Research Team.
The Research Assistant will conduct research and provide research support across all of Scope’s research under the direction of the Manager, Strategic Research. It is expected that the Research Assistant will have previous experience and knowledge of the disability sector and disability research.
- Relevant (e.g., Psychology, Disability) Honours Degree or equivalent qualifications in research
- Previous experience in research (qualitative and/ or quantitative) and use of data analysis software (e.g., SPSS, NVivo)
Key selection criteria:
- Demonstrated experience in research (qualitative and/or quantitative research), including coordination of research from conceptualisation through to completion
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis
- Demonstrated experience in report writing and publications
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities and excellent time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
To be considered for this role, you must provide the following:
- Current Driver’s License and your own vehicle
- Satisfactory Working With Children’s Check (Employee)
- Satisfactory National Police Check for ‘Employment in Disability’ (no more than twelve months old)
Please note, the successful applicant will be required to hold a Working with Children Check and a Police Check issued in the last 12 months for employment in the Disability sector. If you have lived or worked for a continuous period of 12 months or more in another country within the last 10 years, a certified International Police Check from that country or countries will also be required.
About the organisation
Scope’s mission is to enable each person to live as an empowered and equal citizen. We support people with physical, intellectual and multiple disabilities and developmental delays to achieve their goals. Across Victoria, Scope provides services to thousands of people with a disability in more than 100 service locations.
Scope is a registered provider under the NDIS and delivers a range of services including supported independent living, short term accommodation (respite), lifestyle options and therapy.
Scope was recently named on the Australian Financial Review’s 'Top 100 Most Innovative Companies' in Australia and New Zealand.
Scope as an Employer
Successful candidates will enjoy a range of staff benefits including flexibility to suit your work-life balance, continuous development and training, competitive remuneration and salary packaging and purchased annual leave scheme. You will also get the unique chance to work in a sector that is seeing the biggest social reform since the introduction of Medicare.
Take your career on a journey with Scope and work proactively with us to achieve our mission!
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Research assistant via Pro Bono Australia.