About the Role
Reporting to the CEO as part of the senior management group, you will lead a team of volunteer and salaried communications and information specialists. Your focus will be to support ABA’s core objectives, by:
- researching and formulating recommendations regarding social and community systems, organisations and sectors where ABA can provide support.
- producing / commissioning reports/research etc for ABA’s various publications.
- supporting the Training team with information.
- writing conference presentations and government submissions.
- reviewing research applications.
- overseeing the Breastfeeding Information & Research team in the production of publications and information booklets.
Experience and skills required
To be successful in this role you possess
- deep understanding of breastfeeding and lactation and related areas and the latest breastfeeding research.
- excellent research skills.
- excellent written communication skills (submissions, content, research reports etc) and have ideally published in professional journals.
- experience managing paid and volunteer staff.
- change management skills and mindset.
- strong internal and external stakeholder management skills.
About the Organisation
Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) supports, educates and advocates for a breastfeeding-inclusive society and is the nation’s leading authority on breastfeeding. It healpossesses a committed membership body. ABA is also a Registered Training Organisation, with over 1000 highly trained volunteers providing services to the public that include a 24-hour Breastfeeding Help Line, local support groups, breastfeeding education classes, health professional education and a Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace program.
ABA adheres to and promotes the guidelines set out by the World Health Organisation (WHO) in relation to infant breastfeeding.
Apply for this Job
To make a formal application, please send your resume and a covering letter addressing the Experience and Skills Required to email@example.com using Australian Breastfeeding Association as your subject line.
Please note that there is no closing date for applications as they will be assessed as they are received. We are likely to cease acceptance of applications once a short list is finalised for this position, so if you are interested in applying, please do so as soon as possible.
For a confidential discussion, call Wendy Lown on +61 414 229 827.
Please quote in application: Senior Manager Breastfeeding Information and Research via Pro Bono Australia.