About the role
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Supporting clients to understand their funding and assist them in defining an action plan for identified goals;
- Working with clients to implement a variety of support options in line with their NDIS plan;
- Ensuring that mainstream services are meeting clients requirements;
- Ensuring funding supports are being implemented within the allocated budget;
- Assisting clients in building greater independence to be able to self-direct services and supports in the future;
- Providing NDIA with reports on outcomes and success indicators; and
- Evaluating the clients’ progress against identified goals.
This role requires someone with a Certificate IV in Disability or Community Services/Social Science and who has the ability to be able to navigate the multiple sectors to be able to link individuals to relevant services and support.
A competitive remuneration package is available commensurate with skills and experience, which includes tax free salary packaging and a fully maintained tool of trade vehicle.
Guide Dogs Victoria welcomes applicants who are blind or who have low vision to apply.
About the organisation
Guide Dogs Victoria provides high quality training to maximize the independence of people living with low vision or blindness. Our professional services extend beyond the provision of guide dogs, and include innovative children's mobility programs, orientation and mobility training for adults and people living with an acquired brain injury (ABI), and social networking programs to support active community participation. Guide Dogs Victoria is also Australia's most trusted charity and an employer of choice in the disability sector. Our staff enjoy an inclusive and collaborative working environment where talent is recognised and innovation is encouraged
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Support Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.