About the role
- Full time
- $86,000 – $92,000
- 5 weeks annual leave
This position will play a key leadership role in working with Aboriginal children and families, Government and sector partners to reduce the over representation of Aboriginal children involved with Child Protection, strive for better outcomes for children and to build capacity in families so that children can remain at or be transitioned home.
The position will also actively contribute to the development of internal and state-wide policies, procedures and protocols relating to the Nugel program.
VACCA are currently recruiting for a dynamic and experienced team leader to join the Nugel management team, to establish the second team with responsibility for 36 children and young people.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate
Knowledge and Skills:
- Commitment to VACCA’s vision and purpose.
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances of Aboriginal people
- Willingness to embrace change and support staff in the change management process
- Demonstrated ability to undertake complex casework with children and families who have experienced trauma and may present with challenging behaviours, including using culturally safe therapeutic approaches to heal and build resilience
- Demonstrated ability to complete and review assessments (including risk assessments), review reports (including court reports) and maintain client records to a high standard
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in the child, youth and families sector
- Minimum Diploma of Community Services Work.
- Experience in managing a team
Application deadline is Sunday July 07, 2019
About the organisation
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organization of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organization that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Team Leader, Nugel via Pro Bono Australia.