About the role
About the role:
As the successful applicant, you will be part of the triage team undertaking initial phone assessments to Victoria Police employees. Reporting into the Team Leader, you will ensure that employees, former employees and their families are supported and provided with the necessary services to support their Health and Wellbeing.
Your duties will include:
- Undertake phone triage assessments and document as appropriate
- Assessing the needs of the individual and directing to the appropriate service
- Facilitating referrals to external EAP services
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- Reporting to team leader
As the successful applicant, you will have:
- High level communication and written skills
- Adaptable, flexible and able to work autonomously
- Effective time management
- Substantial experience in a range of mental health settings
- A commitment to providing high-level of customer service
- Extensive knowledge of support options for clients
Requirements and relevant information:
- You will participate in a rotating roster with varied shifts
- A relevant tertiary qualification/extensive experience
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency or the Australian Association of Social Workers is highly desirable
Your application must include:
- Completed application form – attached to the job advertisement.
Applications close midnight, 16 June. No applications will be accepted via email.
For further information on this role please contact: Vicki Stratos on 9247 3344 or via email Vicki.Stratos@police.vic.gov.au .
If you have a disability/medical condition and require a copy of this advertisement and attached documentation in an accessible format or would like to discuss an access requirements/reasonable adjustment for the recruitment process, please contact VPS Recruitment via email VPSRECRUITMENT@police.vic.gov.au.
About the organisation
Victoria Police is a large organisation employing police, public servants and protective services officers. Victoria Police provides support to the community 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year. At Victoria Police our goal is for our workforce to reflect the diverse community we serve. We continually seek to attract and retain a diverse workforce which includes people of all genders, ages, religions, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and cultures including people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage. Find out what it is like working as a Victorian Public Servant for Victoria Police: http://www.policecareer.vic.gov.au
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Triage Worker (VPSG4) via Pro Bono Australia.