About the role
- Part time 0.4 EFT
- Fixed term until 30 June 2020
- Based in Braybrook
Do you identify as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person?
Do you have a sound understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures?
If so, you may be the person we’re seeking
The benefits for you joining cohealth include:
- Working in a program with the resources to support you in making a real difference, to your clients’ lives;
- Role diversity and internal career progression opportunities;
- Salary Packaging of up to $15,000 per fringe benefit year, for personal living expense
Our friendly and welcoming team is widely spread throughout Fitzroy, Laverton and Braybrook sites. Made up of eleven Aboriginal and non-Indigenous staff, led by our talented Program Manager. We are proud to say, that we have a long history of positive engagement with the local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
About the role
The main elements of this gratifying role will comprise of supporting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with chronic health conditions, who live in the municipalities of Maribyrnong, Moreland, Brimbank and Moonee Valley. Providing them with much needed outreach care. This will comprise of;
- Providing practical assistance to our clients to improve their access to health. By providing transport, assist in making appointments and much more.
- Distributing information/resources about services that are available, along with encouraging them to use primary health care services in their region;
- Act as an advocate for individual, particularly those who are homeless and/or have complex health and social wellness needs; and
- Ensuring client files and statistical/program records are accurate and kept up-to-date as per compliance requirements.
If you are a hard-working, reliable individual who enjoys interacting with the community and genuinely making a difference, please apply!
To perform this role, it is essential that the person who holds the position be an Aboriginal person or Torres Strait Islander person and is therefore a genuine occupational requirement under Section 28 of Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (Vic).
Additional information can be obtained by viewing the position description
Applications close on 18th July @ 10.00pm
About the organisation
Who is cohealth?
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Aboriginal Outreach Worker via Pro Bono Australia.