About the role
The role of the Aboriginal Tenancies at Risk Worker is to maintain Aboriginal tenancies by supporting tenants to address issues placing their housing at risk, with focus on families/women with dependent children. They will also assist with rental arrears, Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) matters, transfers, maintenance debts and other life issues that may jeopardise tenancies
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
You will have:
- A minimum Certificate IV in AOD or relevant equivalent qualifications
- Demonstrated experience working with Aboriginal people
- Computer literacy skills including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and Internet Explorer
- Current Victorian Driver’s License;
- National Police Certificate (no more than 3 years old)
- Current Victorian Working With Children Check;
Applications for this position must include the following:
- A written covering letter that outlines why the applicant believes that they would be suitable for this position
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae that outlines educational and employment background, which must also include at least 3 referees.
- Certified copies of any relevant certificates or qualifications. It is recommended that originals be brought to your interview for the Interview Committee to sight.
- Completion of Ngwala’s Job Application Form.
Further Information for Applicants
The preferred candidate will undergo a credential and referee check by a nominated person from the Selection Committee and details recorded and filed with the Ngwala Administration Officer. Where the position requires professional registration with regulatory bodies to be able to practice in the State of Victoria, the original registration documentation must be sighted and the date of registration will be noted on personnel files.
Aboriginal people are strongly encouraged to apply.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
For further information regarding the above positions, including the position description or to send your resume and cover letter, please email email@example.com/fax: (03) 9510 6288 or contact HR on (03) 9510 3233.
Please quote in application: Aboriginal Tenancies At Risk Worker (Southern) via Pro Bono Australia.