About the role
The purpose of the Aboriginal Women’s Family Violence Worker’s role is to:
- Provide appropriate assistance to Aboriginal women experiencing or escaping domestic and family violence within the North Division (Loddon Campaspe sub-region);
- Offer access to a range of safe and secure supported, crisis, transitional and independent long term accommodation options;
- Encourage empowerment and self-determination by providing information, personal support, advocacy and referral as appropriate;
- Explore options that maximise women’s access to support networks and resources;
- Establish case plans in conjunction with women and provide them with a level of support according to their individual needs and situation;
- Respond appropriately to issues of duty of care in relationship to safety of children, women and workers;
- Provide assistance with children’s support issues as requested by women, relevant to case planning goals; and
- Ensure at all times service users receive a confidential service.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Aboriginal Women’s Family Violence Worker via Pro Bono Australia.