About the role
- Deliver iconic fundraising campaigns for Australia’s most trusted charity
- Gain a diverse range of experience in a dynamic marketing and fundraising role
- Full time permanent position, flexible workplace – St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your opportunity
We need an enthusiastic and energetic Campaigns and Events Coordinator to join our dynamic Campaigns and Events Team. Reporting to the Campaign and Events Manager, your role is to:
- Develop, implement and deliver key fundraising campaigns such as the iconic Daffodil Day Appeal and Walking Stars.
- Coordinate event logistics such as site planning, merchandise, liaising with councils and local stakeholders, on the day experience and more, ensuring supporters have an outstanding experiencing fundraising for Cancer Council.
- Identify opportunities for innovation within new and existing fundraising campaigns so our events continue to stay fresh and successful.
- Monitor and track campaign targets, providing weekly updates to the Campaign and Events Manager to ensuring targets including fundraising and participation are met.
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- Tertiary qualifications in events, marketing, sales or a related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience within an events/campaigns or project management role.
- Outstanding people and stakeholder management skills with a flair for negotiation to deliver win-win outcomes.
- A strong sense of initiative, a love of the pressure that comes with event deadlines, self-motivated, and a positive contributor to team culture.
- An ability to work out of hours and on weekends as required.
What we can offer you
- A base salary within range $59,823 – $66,208 pa plus superannuation and access to a generous not-for-profit salary packaging program (up to $18,550 of your salary tax-free) https://www.accesspay.com.au/employee/what-is-salary-packaging/
- The opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of those affected by cancer
- A flexible and supportive workplace, with excellent work-life balance and opportunities for career progression and development
About the organisation
About your environment
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people.
The Fundraising and Communications Division (FCD) is responsible for ensuring Cancer Council maintains a visible, engaging presence in the community; and to inspire and activate support from the Victorian public. Within the Fundraising and Communications Division, The Community Engagement Unit is responsible for providing Victorians with inspiring, meaningful ways to contribute to a cancer free future. To achieve this, the unit is accountable for the strategy and implementation of key fundraising campaigns and events across the State. This dynamic Unit takes a continuous improvement approach to innovation and business development, ensuring Victorians have a great experience supporting Cancer Council.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Campaign and Events Coordinator (FCD.32) via Pro Bono Australia.