About the role
- Join us at CatholicCare!
- Be part of the implementation of the new model of Intensive Therapeutic Transitional Care (ITTC)
- Central Coast Location
- Full-time Permanent position
- Case load of 6 Young People
- Enjoy great benefits, proactive self-care, salary packaging and a strong team environment
CatholicCare’s Permanency Support Program (PSP) is on a new and exciting journey implementing Intensive Therapeutic Transitional Care (ITTC) on the Central Coast to support children and young people in our care who have experienced trauma and neglect.
Intensive Therapeutic Transitional Care provides an intensive strictly time-limited suite of assessments and evidence-based interventions within a program of intensive therapeutic support for Young People with complex and high support needs. This is provided in a child friendly environment where baseline behaviours can be established in order to have the best outcome for the Children and Young People in Care.
As an experienced Case Manager, you will
- provide intensive casework and intervention;
- facilitate access to specialist services to address Children and Young People’s behavioural, emotional, psychological, cultural, educational and physical needs;
- ensure the individual needs of each Child or Young Person is integrated into the day to day running of the unit;
- Support each Child or Young Person through the process of entry, assessment, plan development, implementation and transition;
- Work closely with the ITTC Multidisciplinary Specialist Team to achieve the best outcome for each Child and Young Person in care;
- Work closely with young people and their families, as well as internal and external stakeholders, to develop pathways for the young people to transition through care and ultimately leave care;
- Coordination and monitoring of support and services for young people in residential services within the ITC framework;
- Timely completion of administration tasks and case notes; as well as
- Other duties as listed in the attached Position Description.
To be successful in this role you will need
- A Degree qualification in a relevant field and ideally have additional training or qualifications in developmental trauma, child protection, client intervention and case management;
- Demonstrated specialised case work experience working with children and young people who have experienced complex trauma;
- Experience working with families who have been in contact with the child protection system;
- Current Driver’s Licence and access to a comprehensively insured vehicle;
- Current Working with Children Check;
- And other requirements as per the attached Position Description.
As the ITTC Case Manager you will work across our ITTC house as well as our West Gosford Hub with some additional travel required for training or case management purposes. Flexibility to work some additional hours, including occasional weekends, as well as being part of an on-call roster is required.
About the organisation
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work for a strength’s-based employer with great work benefits, proactive self-care initiatives and in a great team environment making a difference to families, children and young people in the community.
- Regular reflective and practice supervision opportunities.
- Assistance with the development and review of plans to support your well-being.
- Access to inhouse and external training and learning opportunities.
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support.
- Salary packaging benefits to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free, as well as additional meal and entertainment benefits (available for all permanent staff).
How to apply for this role
If you have strong youth engagement skills combined with high levels of professionalism, ethical behaviour and sound understanding of professional boundaries, we want to hear from you!
Simply complete your work history & education information on the application page and submit your resume. You are welcome to include any certificates or licences in the education section to assist us in assessing your suitability for this role.
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Please apply by 6 August 2019
CatholicCare is a child-safe and child-friendly organisation – all staff must comply with our child-safe child-friendly policies and Code of Conduct. All child related roles are subject to a satisfactory Working with Children Check Clearance in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
Completing a National Criminal History Record Check clearance is a requirement of this position
No recruitment agencies please
Please quote in application: Case Manager - Intensive Therapeutic Transitional Care via Pro Bono Australia.