About the role
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Full time ongoing position based in Narre Warren
- Provide outreach support to young people experiencing or at risk of homelessness
- Innovative and creative responses to increase connectedness
About the opportunity
The Reconnect program:
- Aims to improve young people’s housing situation and level of connectedness with their immediate and extended family
- Is a Commonwealth funded early intervention outreach program
- Assists young people and their families to prevent the cycle of homelessness
- Provides counselling, mediation, group work and practical support
The Case Worker – Reconnect will:
- Provide outreach support to young people and their families to address issues of family conflict
- Support young people to develop their own goals
- Provide individual support and advocacy, family mediation, skills development and community and service networking
Uniting offers employees:
- A comprehensive range of professional development opportunities
- Reflective practice and supportive supervision
- Career options through a wide range of programs and locations
- Family friendly workplace practices
- More take home pay through charity level salary packaging up to $15,900 per annum via Paywise salary packaging
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description, including having a relevant tertiary qualification in a field related to Social Work or Psychology.
Please address the following questions related to the person specification in a separate document to be uploaded as part of your application:
- List your tertiary level qualifications in Social Work, Psychology or a related field
- Describe a complex risk assessment you have undertaken
- Describe a challenging time you had in actively engaging with a family
- Describe your experience with family mediation and organising and facilitating family meetings
About the organisation
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
We are proud to have been part of local communities for over 100 years delivering services across Victoria and Tasmania. With a team of 7,000 skilled and committed individuals we provide over 770 programs and services to people of all ages to learn, thrive and enjoy a healthy, happy life. We’re there for children, families, people with disability, older people and those experiencing homelessness, mental illness or drug and alcohol addiction.
Uniting is looking for great people who, like us, celebrate diversity and welcome everyone regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
How to apply for this role
If this sounds like you, find out more about this role or apply today.
- Applications at: https://connections.mercury.com.au/ViewPosition.aspx?id=M02ASeSc2kU=&jbc=ere
- You will be asked to upload your resume and a covering letter with your responses to the questions related to the person specification detailed above. We recommend that you provide examples that show the range, scale and complexity of your experiences.
Applications close Monday 22 July 2019
Get in touch
- Eva Barton - Team Leader - (03) 9704 8377
- Sally Brennan - Program Leader - (03) 9704 8377
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and well being of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
Please quote in application: Case Worker - Reconnect via Pro Bono Australia.