About the role
Positive Life NSW is the peak body in NSW of people living with HIV (PLHIV). This peer-led community agency promotes a positive image of people living with and affected by HIV and AIDS in NSW with the aim of eliminating prejudice, isolation, stigma and discrimination. Positive Life NSW provides information, referrals and advocacy to change systems and practices impacting PLHIV.
- Make a significant impact on the lives of PLHIV
- Dynamic, diverse, well respected board and staff team
- Competitive salary including the ability to salary package
- Flexible, supportive working environment
Leading a high performing team, you will deliver the current strategic and business plans, in alignment with the NSW Health HIV Strategy, to enhance the agency’s excellent reputation amongst PLHIV, the government and other stakeholders, and increase its capacity in representing PLHIV.
You will ensure the ongoing sustainability of the agency, particularly in response to the changing face of HIV, through identifying opportunities for diversification of services and alternative funding sources, and building stakeholder relationships in the context of the political, social and cultural environments of HIV in NSW.
In addition to day-to-day operational management, you will:
- Lead the community response to living with HIV
- Ensure active participation of PLHIV in NSW in matters of health, welfare, legal and social policy
- Build and maintain strategic, collaborative partnerships with government and stakeholders
- Ensure compliance to all reporting requirements, contractual and legal
You will have developed a reputation as a leader ideally in community focused sectors such as HIV, LGBTI+, health, human rights, social justice or community law and housing. Alternatively you have a corporate background but have a lived experience of HIV and a strong commitment to community. Your operational management skills are at the core of your success and you have a strong understanding of, and sensitivity to, contemporary issues faced by PLHIV.
Specifically you will also require:
- Demonstrated experience in strategic leadership and organisational or sector development
- Excellent political astuteness and advocacy skills
- Proven ability to engage and work collaboratively with key stakeholders to effect change
- Expertise in policy and submission writing
- Experience in the negotiation and management of government and non-government funding
- A track record ensuring organisational governance, risk management and financial sustainability
If you are passionate to lead PLHIV in NSW, please click apply and submit a cover letter responding to the skills required together with your resume, in MS Word format quoting reference #159995, or contact Louise Furlong on 02 8243 0570 to discuss.
Positive Life NSW encourages PLHIV, people of all genders, Indigenous and people from cultural and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds, to apply.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer via Pro Bono Australia.