About the role
- Contribute to the success of this dynamic Foundation
- Shape and build organisational systems
This is an opportunity for a self-motivated and experienced leader to work in a fast paced Foundation focused on improving the lives of young Ugandans through education. This role will have significant impact on the operations of Australia and Uganda through building and managing streamlined systems dealing with finance, donor and sponsor relationships through a CRM. You will support the organisation’s strategy and execute a range of programs to drive desired outcomes.
We are looking for an energetic professional with operational and financial management skills and experience who will drive efficiency, productivity and consistency through our Australian and Ugandan operations. You will be able to work independently, be well organised, flexible and enjoy the challenge of supporting a diverse team of people.
We expect you will have a broad range of skills, knowledge and experience to cover the key responsibilities which include:
- Supporting the CEO in operational matters
- Execution of strategy and the business plan
- Implement and manage an effective CRM and finance system
- Risk management and compliance
- Internal and external reporting Volunteer management
- Human resources management policies and procedures
- Company Secretarial duties
- Records management
You will need to have:
- Proven experience in operations management and financial oversight
- Strong skills in computer systems including finance, CRM MS Office and Google applications
- Human resource management expertise
- First-rate written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build and maintain relationships
- Great planning and organisation skills with strong attention to detail.
About the organisation
School for Life Foundation is a non-profit organisation dedicated to educating poverty out of existence. We build holistic education models to empower communities to help themselves.
To date we have raised more than $10 million and mobilised the support of thousands of people around the world who have helped us:
- Build 3 schools
- Educate 1,000 students annually including feeding them 3 nutritious meals a day
- Employ more than 120 adults as teachers, construction workers, cooks and support staff
- Provide clean drinking water sources to 2 communities
- Provide 2 health Clinics with full time nurses to treat students and staff
- Provide solar power and bio-digesters to increase our sustainability
- Build sustainable businesses employing local people.
How to apply for this role
To find out more or for confidential enquiries call Patricia Healy on 0409 516 903 or send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote in application: Chief Operating Officer via Pro Bono Australia.