About the role
Caring Dads is an early intervention program developed in Canada by the University of Toronto and Changing Ways, for fathers who have physically abused, emotionally abused or neglected their children, or exposed their children to domestic violence or who are deemed to be at high-risk for these behaviours. Anglicare Victoria Western Region are trialing this program sub contracted by Kids First.
The program consists of a 17-week, empirically-based, manualized group parenting intervention for fathers, systematic outreach to mothers to ensure safety and freedom from coercion, and ongoing, collaborative case management of fathers with existing service providers and other professionals involved with men’s families. Caring Dads combines elements of parenting, fathering, family violence and child protection practice to enhance the safety and well-being of children.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Early Childhood Specialist and/or related behavioural sciences at degree level with substantial experience; or associate diploma level with substantial experience in the relevant service stream, or less formal qualifications with specialised skills sufficient to perform at this level;
- Registration with a professional body is also desirable;
- Experience facilitating group work;
- Demonstrated understanding and skill in applying the relevant case practice models in undertaking assessments, decision-making, planning and interventions to respond to the client’s needs;
- Experience and understanding of the Family Violence system, Family Violence theoretical frameworks, advanced understanding of the Child Protection system and extensive experience in undertaking risk assessments and working with high risk statutory clients.
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
About the organisation
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Clinical Practitioner via Pro Bono Australia.