About the role
The role of Communications Executive is responsible for the full spectrum of Sony Foundation’s communication to a complex hierarchy of internal and external stakeholders.
- Overall development and execution of the Foundation’s internal and external communication strategies and activities
- Develop and execute the Foundation’s PR strategy; including creating a media plan, writing media releases, pitching stories, managing talent and Ambassadors, working across the Sony group, measuring and evaluating results and ensuring that these results are amplified across Sony Foundation’s different properties
- Liaise with the Foundation’s digital, design, creative and media agencies and select Corporate Partners
- Create content and manage SFA online channels including the website, all social media activities, video content for events, branded YouTube channel and all external e-communications
- Editor-in-chief and publisher of all SFA marketing materials including the Annual Report, magazine, EDMs, newsletters, event programs and collateral
- Script writing for SFA CEO, Sony Managing Directors, Celebrity Ambassadors and other key spokespeople
- Manage relationships with media publishers and agency partners including securing donated advertising packages and follow up with buyers post event.
- Manage relationships with youth participants in our You Can and MMAD causes
- Develop and manage Staff Engagement and volunteer program, including all internal communications – staff meetings, emails, newsletters, Facebook and events
- Engage with Sony companies on their marketing plan to further leverage PR for the Sony brand
- Manage Sony Foundation’s Ambassador Program
- Manage key relationships with charity partners
- Attend Sony Foundation events, and external events outside of office hours
Desired skills and experience:
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills, with a professional approach to liaising with corporate partners, suppliers and public appearances
- Experience in managing key stakeholder relationships, both internal and external
- Highly organised with the ability to plan, act and evaluate situations independently
- Creative flair coupled with attention to detail
- Understanding of, and appreciation for, the importance of strong internal communications
- A passion for media and a theoretical and practical knowledge base to support the development and execution of publicity strategies
- Minimum three years experience in public and media relations
- High level of energy and drive to get involved and succeed
The successful candidate will be an advocate of the work that charities such as the Sony Foundation do to provide real support to our community. As such any previous work experience with a not-for-profit organisation or volunteer work will be highly regarded, but is not essential. A relevant Tertiary degree is also required. This role is full time, on a 12 month rolling contract arrangement.
About the organisation
The Sony Foundation is the charitable arm of the Sony group of companies in Australia which draws on the assets of the Sony companies to engage the community and raise funds to support a number of youth-focused causes.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Communications Executive via Pro Bono Australia.