About the role
RSPCA Victoria is currently recruiting a part-time Community Support Officer to join the team on a fixed-term basis. Reporting to the Community Partnerships Manager, the Community Support Officer is responsible for working with councils across Victoria to encourage and support them in adopting, implementing and evaluating positive animal welfare initiatives within their local government areas.
In this diverse and interesting role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Engage with councils and build relationships with key council staff (including face-to-face meetings, email and phone contact) to understand current challenges in animal welfare in different local government areas.
- Identify and act on opportunities to support councils to advance their animal welfare planning and management efforts as reflected in their DAM plans, including assessing their capability and readiness for change.
- Develop and deliver practical solutions and supports that improve councils’ capacity to implement animal welfare initiatives.
- Recognise opportunities for improvement in the design, delivery, implementation and evaluation of existing and possible local initiatives.
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Experience in the development and delivery of community based programs in partnership with key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain collaborative working relationships internally and externally to the organisation.
- An understanding of and experience engaging with local government processes is highly desirable.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and experience in similar role/s in this sector.
- High level literacy, numeracy and problem-solving skills, including intermediate computer skills (including use of Microsoft Office Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability to work in a fast paced and challenging work environment.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in a team environment.
Qualifications & Other Requirements
- Position requires a valid Victorian Driver’s License.
About the organisation
We are a leading animal welfare charity that works to end cruelty to all animals. Our purpose is to work with the community to achieve outstanding animal welfare through education, advocacy, animal care and protection. We achieve this by actively promoting their care and protection through awareness campaigns and education programs. Across Victoria we offer community services including the work undertaken by our Inspectorate, veterinary clinics and animal care teams.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an environment that is underpinned by our values: respect, consideration, clarity, accountability, expertise and collaboration.
How to apply for this role
This is an incredible opportunity to join a dedicated and passionate team making a difference to animals in need. For more information, please visit the advertisement for this position on our website at http://www.rspcavic.org to download the position description (top right-hand corner) and to apply online with your CV and supporting cover letter as soon as possible.
If you have any queries regarding this role, please contact Mhairi Roberts, Animal Welfare Policy Manager, on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click Apply Online to submit your application. Applications close Midnight on 22 July 2019.
Please quote in application: Community Support Officer via Pro Bono Australia.