About the role
We’re looking for an experienced support worker to work with one of our community-based clients. Our client lives at home and has complex care needs related to quadriplegia.
About the role
Based in the City of Unley area, this role will be made up of afternoon and night duty (active overnight) shifts. Your shifts will generally be eight hours long.
You’ll be earning above-award wages, and be working as part of a dedicated team. We are looking for someone who will become a long-term member of our client’s support team.
This role would suit support workers with experience in complex care, or people working towards their enrolled nursing, registered nursing, paramedic or medical qualifications.
Our client has a long-standing interest in endurance sport, basketball and cycling, so we are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic person to join his team.
Our ideal candidate
You will have:
- qualification in Disability
- current Provide First Aid certificate (HLTAID003)
- current Provide CPR certificate (HLTAID001)
- current Bowel Care and Medication certificates, or willingness to attain these
- current Manual Handling certificate
- current DHS Aged Care and Child-related clearances
- experience providing services to people with a disability
If you have done tracheostomy training and have experience providing services to a person using a ventilator, or are willing to learn these skills, we’d like to hear from you.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Complex Care Support Workers (SA) via Pro Bono Australia.