About the role
- Make a key contribution to the creation of cancer information resources
- Be a part of Australia’s most trusted cancer charity
- Full time (or part time 0.8) parental leave cover for 12 months position – St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your opportunity
We are seeking a Coordinator – Cancer Information to join the Cancer Strategy Unit. Reporting to the Manager – Information and Communications, your role is to:
- Manage the development, production and evaluation of cancer information resources (print and digital) for people affected by cancer
- Ensure Cancer Council’s range of national and state-based publications are developed according to Cancer Council’s editorial and style guidelines
- Manage and strengthen working relationships with key staff both internally and externally
- Identify areas for program development and implement strategies for future activity
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- A relevant tertiary degree or qualification in the field of communications, health promotion, publishing or a related discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role including publications management
- Excellent written communication skills for print and digital channels.
- Interpersonal skills including stakeholder management, influencing and negotiation skills
What we can offer you
- A base salary within range $70,593 – $79,370 pa plus superannuation and access to a generous not-for-profit salary packaging program (up to $18,550 of your salary tax-free) https://www.accesspay.com.au/employee/what-is-salary-packaging/
- The opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of those affected by cancer
- A flexible and supportive workplace, with excellent work-life balance and opportunities for career progression and development
About the organisation
About your environment
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people.
The Strategy and Support Division (SSD) comprises the units of Cancer Information and Support Service (CISS), Research Program Governance Unit (RPGU), Cancer Strategy (CSU), Optimal Care Pathways (OCPs) and Business Management.
The Cancer Strategy Unit is an instrumental part of the Strategy & Support Division, interfacing with cancer clinicians, consumer groups and supportive care policy makers.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Coordinator - Cancer Information (CSU.12) via Pro Bono Australia.