About the role
- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
- Part-time Ongoing (53.2 hours per fortnight), Horsham based
About the opportunity
This crisis housing support worker is responsible for providing case management support for clients including assessment, and goal planning. The Support Worker will play a key role in sourcing alternative accommodation and providing supported referrals to appropriate services. While the position is required to work with people in crisis, it is not a crisis response service.
- Tertiary qualifications in human services, welfare or social services or property management.
- Demonstrated case management experience, preferably within the homelessness sector.
- Experience and a sound knowledge of the underlying principles of homelessness, gained through experience, education and or training.
- Demonstrated ability in networking and liaising with agencies and colleagues in the pursuit of high quality outcomes for disadvantaged target groups.
- Proven experience and demonstrated ability in supporting collaborative effort within and across community based and government agencies.
- Highly developed computer, written and oral skills.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- An understanding of the impacts of homelessness
- An understanding of the relevant legislation and current policy relating to the care of children and families and professional practice relevant to homelessness.
- Ability and willingness to travel and current eligible motor vehicle licence to drive in Australia.
About the organisation
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
We are proud to have been part of local communities for over 100 years delivering services across Victoria and Tasmania. With a team of 7,000 skilled and committed individuals we provide over 770 programs and services to people of all ages to learn, thrive and enjoy a healthy, happy life. We’re there for children, families, people with disability, older people and those experiencing homelessness, mental illness or drug and alcohol addiction.
Uniting is looking for great people who, like us, celebrate diversity and welcome everyone regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
How to apply for this role
If this sounds like you, apply today by emailing the below to Careers@vt.uniting.org
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages), including contact details for 3 professional referees.
Get in touch
Belinda Gilpin, Program Leader of Homelessness on 5362 4000.
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
Please quote in application: Crisis Housing Worker via Pro Bono Australia.