About the role
Would you like to work for a leading housing services provider? If you are looking for a career-enhancing role with a friendly and professional work environment where your contribution is valued then we would love to hear from you!
Unison is a not for profit organisation that provides a diverse range of housing and homelessness services across Victoria and in Adelaide, including social housing, affordable housing, private rental, transitional housing and owners corporation services.
We believe that housing is the foundation on which to build a life of value, but that a good life takes more than just housing. A good life takes place in a community.
We provide housing, and work to reduce disadvantage and social exclusion for people who have previously been homeless, by helping to create communities around them. Unison also assists over 3,000 people each year who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
About the role
The role is responsible for the ongoing development and implementation of sound facilities management systems and practices across the property portfolio for the organisation.
This Executive position reports to the CEO and participates in the leadership of the organisation as a member of the Executive Team.
Key accountabilities include:
- Development and maintenance of the strategic asset management plans including assessment of life cycle plans for properties
- Managing and maintaining the presentation of the asset portfolio, including maintenance, compliance and safety
- Oversee exceptional service to rental property owners and owners corporation managers
- Monitor financial performance against budget for both operational and capital expenditure and take corrective action where required
To make this role a success, we are seeking a person with:
- Tertiary qualification(s) in facilities management, property, project management, engineering or other related discipline.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience delivering facilities management in a residential environment
- Commitment to social justice and desire to promote and model the values of Unison in all interactions with employees, tenants and clients and the broader community
- A high level of personal initiative and motivation, with excellent communication, time management and decision-making skills
- Permanent Full time position
- Annual remuneration package including benefits of NFP salary packaging, motor vehicle and superannuation of circa $175,000 per annum
- 5 weeks annual leave with 17.5% annual leave loading
- Salary packaging of up to $15,900 tax free
- Free CBD onsite parking
- Supportive working arrangements
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program for independent and confidential counselling
- We will review applications as they come in so if you meet the requirements of this role, please apply immediately.
- For a full Position Description and instructions on how to apply, please visit the careers page of our website unison.org.au and send your application addressing the key selection criteria to: firstname.lastname@example.org (we will create a specific e mail for this ad)
- The successful applicant will be required to undertake a Police Check and a Working with Children Check.
- Unison is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, the LGBTIQ communities and those living with a disability to apply.
*Only shortlisted candidates will be advised of the application outcome.
*** Recruitment Agencies please note: This recruitment assignment is being managed directly by our Unison People and Culture team. Your respect for this process is appreciated.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Director Facilities Management via Pro Bono Australia.