About the role
QuIHN Head Office is based in Brisbane, Queensland and therefore our executive positions will ideally be Brisbane-based or able to travel to Brisbane on a regular basis. We are seeking applications for Directors who live and/or work across Queensland.
Your role as Director will be to:
- Understand the business of the organisation and be aware of key developments
- Govern and oversee the organisations’ strategic performance
- Provide advice, opinions and independent judgement to inform Board decisions
- Attend and participate in Board meetings
We value diversity and seek to reflect the diversity of our community in the composition of our Board. In addition to demonstrated leadership experience, the following qualities and skills will be highly valued.
About the organisation
QuIHN is a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee regulated by the Australian Charities and Not-For-Profit Commission (ACNC). Our purpose is to reduce the harms associated with using illicit substances by providing responsive and accessible health services; including psycho social treatment services, needle syringe programs and comprehensive primary care services. We recognise good health is more than the absence of disease and requires a whole of community approach to address social, environmental and economic inequalities. For more information about our work, please go to www.quihn.org.au
We are seeking applications from highly capable, motivated and values driven individuals to join our Board of Directors on a voluntary basis. It’s an exciting opportunity to contribute to the QuIHN’s governance and assist with our future strategic directions, in a rapidly changing and complex environment.
We are looking for strategic thinkers with experience in leading community organisations and a strong alignment to the QuIHN’s mission and values.
While we encourage anyone with an interest to apply, we are particularly looking for those with experience in:
- Demonstrated experience and/or knowledge in/of the not-for-profit sector and the communities which QuIHN serves
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to build strong networks
- An expressed interest in holding office bearer roles
- Marketing & communications
- Philanthropy and fundraising
- Business development
- Law and advocacy
How to apply for this role
For further information about the role or to arrange for a confidential discussion, please email through your contact information to email@example.com attention of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Please quote in application: Director - Governance, Board & Committee Members via Pro Bono Australia.