About the role
- Do you want to make a difference to people and empower them to live the life they want to live?
- Have a passion for dedicated support and care?
- Want to be part of a dynamic team that is flexible and agile, that cares about you as an individual as well?
If so we have the role for you!
Due to growth and expansion, we are looking for a dedicated Support worker to join our busy team. Reporting directly to the Regional Coordinator, the role involves undertaking and delivering high quality care services in a professional engaging manner to NDIS clients.
Our primary focus is helping clients to live in their own homes and participant in their local communities with our support. Community access is a key focus for us. We do this by offering home care, personal care, therapy assistance, skill development and community support. As such your role will involve travelling to different clients, some with greater needs than others, to provide essential support. No one client is the same and the level of support will depend on the client’s individual requirements.
To be successful in the role, you must have the following:
- Demonstrated, proven experience working with individuals who may have complex support needs in different environments
- Proven can do, positive and willing attitude
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with others
- Friendly disposition and engaging manner
- Certificate III in Disability, Aged Care or Individual Support
- Current National Police Clearance
- Current First Aid or CPR certificate
- Current full drivers licence and car, with insurance
- Demonstrated willingness to travel
- Working with Childrens’ Check (or applying for one)
Head quartered in Camberwell, with NDIS clients based all around Melbourne, our central office team will provide you with sound support whilst you are in the field. Training and development, as well as mentoring will be provide so that you can be the best at what you do. The opportunity to specialise in a particular area of need, for example autism, may also be available. We have a number of hours available, with opportunity for ongoing shifts for the right candidates.
As a vibrant friendly team, we value our clients as well as our staff.
If you think this sounds like just the role for you, please apply with your current resume, along with a cover letter introducing yourself and why you think you would be a good fit with us.
Be the major difference to someone’s life. Join our team today!
You can contact us on (03) 9889 0357 with any questions. Please be quick, applications for this current round end 9th July
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Disability Support Worker via Pro Bono Australia.