About the role
About the Role
Reporting to the Direct Marketing Manager, the Donor Administration Officer will act as the first point of contact for existing and potential donors, supporters, and the general public to the Baker Institute. The role is required to deliver an exceptional standard of administrative support to the Fundraising team, including: accurate and timely data entry and donation processing, donor liaison and care, efficient and effective financial administration, and a high level of database management.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Efficiently and accurately manage the donation administration process – processing of donations, accurate and timely distribution of receipts, distributing of donor correspondence, and other donor-bonding communications
- Maintain and monitor the monthly Regular Giving program’s Declines, Upgrade, and Conversions
- Manage the Fundraising inbox, and be the primary contact for the Fundraising phone line, including managing the phone line voicemail
- Consult with the Direct Marketing Manager to ensure that campaigns are supported by back-end processing, and assist with the preparation of relevant donor correspondence for distribution with campaign receipts
- Maintain the currency, accuracy, and data integrity of the donor CRM database (Salesforce)
- Liaise with external fundraising suppliers regarding accurate and timely campaign data results and import files
- Work alongside the Data Analyst to import and process all campaign data files
- Ensure accurate data entry as well as receipt processing and mailing for all fundraising activities
- Confirm that banking and reports are accurate, on time, and that reconciliation of funds is as efficient as possible
- Manage the administration of setting up legal contracts in Inteum, as well as maintaining up to date information in staff reference manuals
- Provide event support across the Community and Corporate Relations team as required
Skills and Experience
You will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in administration or fundraising, and/or a minimum of one year’s relevant work experience in administration and customer service – experience in a fundraising environment would be advantageous
- Experience in office management, data entry, and database maintenance
- Excellent communication skills and customer service focus
- Exceptional time management and organisational skills, with the ability to remain calm under pressure
- A high level of professionalism and strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated abilities in time management, teamwork, and constant process improvement
About the organisation
Baker Heart and Diabetes Institute is an independent, internationally renowned medical research facility. Our work extends from the laboratory to wide-scale community studies with a focus on diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Donor Administration Officer via Pro Bono Australia.