About the role
Early Years Program and Practice Manager
- Full time position
- Be a part of a leading not-for-profit organisation
- Attractive remuneration package with option for Salary Packaging due to our organisational status as a Public Benevolent Institution
- Have the opportunity to be a part of a growing, collaborative and innovative team
About the role:
This position is to provide management and leadership to the Early Years team with a focus on quality of program practice. This includes leading and managing the Early Years Consultants Team to develop, coordinate, review and improve the consultancy and coaching model that will be delivered by the Early Years Consultants for the educators and teachers employed at bestchance managed early years’ services.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Tertiary qualification in Early Childhood Education (eg. Bachelor of Early Childhood or similar)
- Hold current VIT registration as an Early Childhood teacher
- The ability to lead effectively, particularly with a team that is located across multiple sites
- A sound working knowledge of:-
– The National Quality Framework and National Quality Standards
– Family centred practice and how it applies to the operational and strategic delivery of early years services
– Contemporary understanding of early childhood theories and how they can be applied, explained and reflected on in everyday practice
- Self-motivated with high level organisational, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to manage own workday, be flexible and responsive to changing work practices
- Demonstrated ability to develop, support, motivate and coach educators to reach their potential
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to work collaboratively, while critically reflect on your professional knowledge, skills and practice
- Consulting and coaching capabilities are essential. Willingness to continuously develop consulting, open enquiry and coaching capabilities are required.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering a kindergarten program
- Ability to provide varying levels of additional support and adapting coaching strategies and practices to reflect the skills, abilities and qualifications of a wide range of educators
Qualifications and Experience
- Previous leadership and management experience of consultancy will be highly regarded
- Tertiary qualification relevant to the position, for example, Bachelor of Teaching (Early Childhood), social work, health, community engagement, or similar.
- Additional qualifications and experience in Leadership, Management, Training and Assessment desirable.
- Leadership, management and supervising experience in a recognised early years’ education and care environment and/or programs with similar accountabilities.
- Additional qualifications in specialist areas such as Early Childhood Intervention, Workplace Training and Assessment, Research, Coaching or other relevant area of expertise may be an advantage.
- Current VIT registration as an Early Childhood teacher desirable.
- A satisfactory current Policy Records Check and a current Working with Children Check.
- Current Driver’s Licence.
For further information or a confidential discussion, please call Tracey McKay on 0438157200. Applications are to be emailed at email@example.com by close of business Monday 29 July 2019.
For position description please visit: http://www.bestchance.org.au/positiondescriptions
Please note you must answer the key selection criteria for your application to be considered.
bestchance is a child safe and equal opportunity employer. We are committed to child safety and have zero tolerance of child abuse. Applicants should be aware that we carry out Working with Children, Police Records and reference checks to ensure that we are recruiting the right people.
About the organisation
Employing over 750 people across Victoria, bestchance Child Family Care is an independent, not-for-profit community organisation providing high quality support to children and families since 1895. Bestchance offers services to children in 80 kindergartens, four child care centres, a primary school, early intervention, disability and community support programs.
How to apply for this role
Applications are to be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business Monday 29 July 2019.
Please quote in application: Early Years Program and Practice Manager via Pro Bono Australia.