About the role
Join one of Victoria’s Leading Not for Profits!
Part – time role – 7.5 hours per week
Tax reducing salary package!
The Warrnambool Tutoring Program supports children from families experiencing disadvantage to grow social and academic confidence. The Warrnambool Tutoring Program is one of four education programs currently operating in Victoria. Not only do these Education Programs provide important guidance and educational support but they also foster a sense of community and fun.
The Education Program Coordinator is responsible for the planning, operation and reporting of the Warrnambool Tutoring Program. They will recruit, induct and support volunteers; enrol students; develop resources; and support the sustainability and growth of the program
As Education Program Coordinator you will be responsible for ensuring the program operates with excellence. You will enjoy working within a framework of continuous quality improvement and reflective practice with an open mind to new and innovative practices which will see the programs reputation soar. You are able to demonstrate your ability to meet and exceed individual student learning needs, in particular your current experience in working with young people and the profound impact education support has on a young individual’s life. You will bring a proactive supportive approach and be an authentic leader who thrives on delivering outstanding work and contributing to an engaging learning experience for our students. This is an exciting time to be part of our team – don’t miss this outstanding opportunity!
More specifically you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline, including social science, education (preferred), youth work, social work community engagement (or significant & current study towards such a qualification)
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and stakeholder relationship skills
- Experience working with primary school age children, ideally in education
- Ability to work independently and lead a team of volunteers
- Experience leading a community group
- Experience in public speaking and/or facilitating training for adults
- Strong project management, public speaking and training/teaching skills
- Ability to work independently, with strong organisational and time management skills, including setting priorities and working within deadlines
Key accountabilities include:
- Managing the program by leading and engaging our team of volunteers to provide an exceptional education service
- Implement student management strategies that encourage student engagement
- Providing extra practical support in literacy and social skills to students experiencing disadvantage
- Identify needs of the program or community and develop, implement and review responses and systems that promote best practice service facilitation
- Developing program plans which support the direction of the Membership and Development Department and the Youth and Education Team
- Training, supporting and recruiting our dedicated team of volunteers
- Maintaining accurate records with a high level of confidentiality
In return we offer you an opportunity to:
- Live your passion for education and social justice advocacy
- Impact young people’s lives in meaningful ways
- Be part of a dynamic and thriving local community
- Celebrate diversity and help overcome disadvantage
- Work part time with flexible work arrangements
About the organisation
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a national charity that helps people living in poverty and those who have borne the brunt of inequality in Australia. St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria provides welfare and support services to Victorians in need. Our services include: soup vans, homework and breakfast clubs, kids' camps and day outs, a support program for people with mental illness and home visitation to provide food and clothing vouchers and assistance with paying for utility bills and medical bills. Our network of over 100 Vinnies Shops across the state also play a key part in funding our many programs and services and providing material assistance to those we help. By uniting thousands of volunteers to help offer a hand up to people in need, we can break the cycle of homelessness
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Education Program Coordinator – Warrnambool via Pro Bono Australia.