About the role
The Australian Education Union (AEU) is the federal union for teachers, principals, support staff and all educators working in public education.
The AEU is proud to represent workers who have one of the most important jobs in the country. With over 185,000 members nationally, they provide support both industrially and professionally and advocate for quality public education for all Australians.
Benefits & Culture
- 15.5% superannuation
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Additional 2 weeks leave for company Christmas closure
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Free parking
- Generous leave entitlements
- Accrual of flexi leave
You will be responsible for providing executive administrative support to the Federal President. This will include:
- Extensive diary management and management of inbox
- Travel coordination (domestic & international) and expense management
- Coordinating meetings, seminars and conferences and minute taking
- Development and distribution of agendas and papers for Executive meetings including formatting, editing and proof reading for final sign off
- Drafting high level correspondence to external parties
- Providing the Federal Secretary support in governance reporting
You will have demonstrated experience working as an Executive Assistant supporting senior level executives where confidentiality is paramount. You should be able to demonstrate:
- Initiative and are skilled at anticipating the needs of those you support
- Exceptional written communication skills including drafting and formatting documents
- Proof reading with excellent attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Impeccable organisational skills; ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Excellent high-level internal and external stakeholder relationships skills
Do you have a commitment to quality public education? Apply now by submitting your resume and cover letter addressing the skills required. Alternatively, please call Emma Naglieri on 03 8319 4080 for a further discussion.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Executive Assistant via Pro Bono Australia.